title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Converter Freezes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Batch Converter Freezes

Hi -

First off, great product, and I have been using it for some time. Registered user, have the newest version 13.2

I had to manually shut down the computer one time and ever since I can very predictably freeze Batch Converter. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and it still makes no difference.

Here's what happens: open Batch Converter, select drive (ok), select folder (ok), select sub-folder with files either by clicking on the box or the plus sign - Batch Converter freezes every time.

No problem with Music Converter, CDWriter, just Batch Converter.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Batch Converter Freezes

Try removing some of the column headers (such as bitrate).

Nope - still freezes. I removed all the column headers except for artist and album and it still freezes.

The tag near the system tray says "reading metadata", but it never recovers. When I click on the X to close the program it tells me "Program Not Responding"

Bob

Administrator

Are there audio files in that folder? you are selecting.

Yes - there are audio files inside the folder.

I just tried again, and it also makes no difference what type of file they are - MP3, FLAC, etc. No matter which folder I choose Batch Converter freezes.

Whoa! This is interesting! I just tried Batch Converter on another *drive* and it works just fine. So it appears that Batch Converter has some problem accessing the folders on that specific drive. It can recognize the drive, open the primary folder, but when you get to the level of the folder that contains the files it freezes.

Any idea why it would not work on one drive and not another?

Thx -

Administrator

Should be no difference which drive it is on, if you were to copy those audio files (in that exact folder you are checking) to the 2nd drive, does it work? I am thinking that one audio file might have problems which is causing the program to halt.