title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Inaccurate, but confident

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrgou
    • Apr 2009

Inaccurate, but confident

Hi,

I just ripped a remastered edition, thus definitely another pressing, and unsurprisingly, I get an inaccurate rip. However, when, for a track, it still returns "Confidence: 40", what does that mean exactly? That 40 people agree with me, but disagree with the db's "accurate" checksum, or that my checksum is different from 40 results returned to the db?

Thanks!

mrgou
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Inaccurate, but confident

It means that 40 other people ripped the CD with different results. This clearly means you have a different pressing (as you know).

Originally posted by mrgou
    Hi,

I just ripped a remastered edition, thus definitely another pressing, and unsurprisingly, I get an inaccurate rip. However, when, for a track, it still returns "Confidence: 40", what does that mean exactly? That 40 people agree with me, but disagree with the db's "accurate" checksum, or that my checksum is different from 40 results returned to the db?

Thanks!

mrgou

Comment

• mrgou
      • Apr 2009

Re: Inaccurate, but confident

I was hoping it meant that 40 people agreed with me but disagreed with the accuraterip db (which would have meant my rip was verified as accurate nonetheless)... Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>