title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Am I doing something wrong ??

Am I doing something wrong ??

Hello all

I have been trying to get Asset Upnp to run on my pc without any luck. So far I have tried two Vista PCs and one XP PC and none of them seem to work properly.

At the moment I have the service running on the XP pc and it is not loading the tracks into the media library. The directory where the umedialibrary files get put is there as are the configuration files etc. I can see the Asset service from LinnGui on other pcs but obviously no tracks.

The music files are contained on a nas drive and I have mapped a drive on the pc and pointed Asset to the directory on the nas drive containing my files.

Anyone any ideas??

Administrator

Re: Am I doing something wrong ??

See the help file about passwords, it is likely that the nas requires a pasword which would not be used when Asset tries to access the files (as it runs under a different user account).

Also as a quick test, try adding a folder that is on your PC and not the nas.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    See the help file about passwords, it is likely that the nas requires a pasword which would not be used when Asset tries to access the files (as it runs under a different user account).

Also as a quick test, try adding a folder that is on your PC and not the nas.
    Thanks for the quick response. The quick test worked!!! Unfortunately following the help instructions made no difference. The nas drive does not have any passwords. I did setup a new windows user, logged into the account, setup the drive mapping and set the service to use the new userid. Still no luck!

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Paul
    Last edited by paul_riordan; 04-03-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_riordan View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. The quick test worked!!! Unfortunately following the help instructions made no difference. The nas drive does not have any passwords. I did setup a new windows user, logged into the account, setup the drive mapping and set the service to use the new userid. Still no luck!

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Paul
    If I run the Asset-Upnp and uMedialibrary programs (after disabling the service) they work!? So, yes, it is definately something to do with connecting the service to the nas drive.

Thanks

Paul

Administrator

Firewall?

Firewall?
    I tried disabling the Norton firewall on my PC and it didn't seem to help.

Firewall?
    Hmmm... not uite sure what I have changed but it now seems to be working. The firewall is still running...

Thanks for your help.

Paul