title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PS3 playing too short tracks

PS3 playing too short tracks

Hi.

Asset seems like a very promising program, but I'm having some problems streaming my flac collection to my PS3.

If I set Asset to force wave (forcing LPCM won't work), the PS3 will recognize my music, display all the correct information and will play back the tracks. However, for some reason when I start to play any track, it will get shorter. The playing time will be reduced by minutes. No matter what settings I try, the problem persists.

I was hoping someone else would post the same problem, but at the moment the forums seems so quiet, I have to do it

Is there a way around this?

Administrator

Re: PS3 playing too short tracks

So if you have a 3 minute track how long will it play? what does the PS3 show in it's time counter?

It seems to vary. Even within the same album that contains two songs that are just as long. I can't say if compression level has any effect, I should make a few test files for that.

But here are a few quick test:
    Browser | Counter
    5m58s -> 3m24s
    6m02s -> 3m13s
    4m37s -> 3m03s
    2m56s -> 1m47s
    7m50s -> 6m08s
    2m57s -> 2m27s
    5m55s -> 3m37s

I have the exact same problem but my source files are WMA lossless. All tracks seem to be cut short by about 25-30% of the original song length. The PS3 browser correctly shows the original track length and the album art but when you hit select to bring up the audio controller in the PS3, it shows the shortened song length as it is playing.

Hi spoon. I'm the foo_upnp developper and ran into the same problem a few weeks ago. You compute wrongly the "size" and "bitrate" of the file resource.

As you can see in the example below, size must be the transcoded file size and bit rate is in fact the *byte rate* of the transcoded file which for a 44Khz/16bit file is 1441200/8=176400. The PS3 is very picky about this as it uses it to compute the length of the track.

example, for the same file, as wav:

Code:
    Asset UPnp:

<res duration="00:05:35.000" size="8858342" sampleFrequency="44100" bitsPerSample="16" nrAudioChannels="2" bitrate="211380" protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/wav:DLNA.ORG_PN=WAV;DLNA.ORG_OP=01">some url</res>

foo_upnp:

<res duration="0:05:36" size="59270444" bitrate="176400" bitsPerSample="16" nrAudioChannels="2" sampleFrequency="44100" protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/wav:DLNA.ORG_PN=WAV;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=1">some url</res>

Administrator

Thanks BubbleGum.

Administrator

Should be fixed, if you would like to try:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=18749

Works great! Thank you.

The beta is now playing the entire song when streamed to my PS3, but the display of the length of the song has increased. This is on the display screen above the progress bar. The song completes with the progress bar about two thirds complete, then moves to the next song. The lengths are correct in the menu.

example: song 1 Play length - 3:59 Displayed Play length - 5:59
    song 2 Play length - 4:00 Displayed Play length - 6:00
    song 3 Play length - 4:03 Displayed Play length - 6:05
    song 4 Play length - 2:58 Displayed Play length - 4:27

Administrator

Noted