title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP (DLNA) Release 2

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset UPnP (DLNA) Release 2

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you could email the original mp2 file please:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm
    done..

Had a weird coverart item to report

I have my file system setup drive>my music>artist>album and I typically have a single folder.jpg @600x600 in each folder. I normally mark it read-only so if wmp fires up it can't replace the folder.jpg with its small and often wrong image. I apparently didn't mark one read only and wmp replaced it. I must have noticed it and deleted the folder.jpg - but it looks like I failed to replace it. So on this particular folder I only had the small hidden album art images but no folder.jpg. When I opened it in the Asset content directory it had an albumArtURI with:

Code:
    <upnp:albumArtURI profileID="JPEG_TN">http://192.168.1.101:26125/albumart//cover.jpg</upnp:albumArtURI>
    I have fixed it (replaced the folder.jpg), but the scan for changes doesn't appear to pick that up - not sure if it should.

Administrator

You would have to change the file date of the file in question, or remove it from the folder, rescan detecting changes, put it back then rescan detecting changes again.

Administrator

Mikebp:

>1. Issue with the artist 'the' option

I cannot reproduce this with FLAC files, please try the latest beta version (it will do a full rebuild of the database), then if still a problem please email one file:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

>2. For either 'the artist' option checked or unchecked name2 artist does not show up
    > when browsing by 'artist'

Unless [ ] Contributing Artists with Main is checked, then I would not expect to.

Since the release of the latest update I can no longer add songs to queue on my Sonos system. On the desktop controller the "Add to queue" button is greyed out.

I read on the Sonos forums that this seems to be a general error in the latest beta????

Regards,
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by President View Post
    Since the release of the latest update I can no longer add songs to queue on my Sonos system. On the desktop controller the "Add to queue" button is greyed out.

I read on the Sonos forums that this seems to be a general error in the latest beta????
    That may be my post. To clarify: I was trying out the July 21 version, having removed the April 7 version.

BTW I assume the download link at the top of this thread *is* the July 21 version; the change notes are still headed "Last update 5th July".

Administrator

What are your audio files? apple lossless?

What are your audio files? apple lossless?
    FLAC. They all show up in the Sonos controller list. They just can't be added.

The previous beta I was using (April) works fine.

Administrator

Big update, the last push and it is now Release Candidate 1

Added UserName option with RadioTime, so can store presets (from www.radiotime.com) and have them appear in My Presets (WMA streams only currently)
    bug fix: multiple styles browsable
    bug fix: certain vbr codecs such as mp3 where the exact length cannot be pre-determined, asset will pad transcoded stream with 0000s to fill stream to reported length
    Internet Radio returns for UPnP Class 'object.item.audioItem.audioBroadcast'
    URLs inside m3u are passed out as is
    reinstated: dropped presentation of multiple render types (for speed), original audio format given out
    reinstated: Pass out channel info + frequency, etc only for LPCM
    Sonos support (FLAC) added once more
    mp2 return not application/octletstream rather audio/mpeg
    PS3 - once again better support (no stopping at end of stream when streaming to wave, no network errors when playing mp3)
    Splt install into 3 (all with WMA Decoder for Radio Streaming)

Download as first message

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Wow, cool, takes care about a lot of issues! Multiple Styles browsing is extremely helpful, thanks for adding that.

Only major thing, that I noted when quickly going over the new installation, is the still problematic A-Z artist sorting. When I choose Artist->A-Z->C for example, I do get some entries for A, even more for B, all C's and the rest of the display is filled up with more or less entries from D-Z. So: no limitation for C only...
    PlugPlayer, SongBook, KinskyDesktop all show the same behaviour. Is that some error on my side (I just left the browse tree as it had been configured previously)???? If so, please be so kind and advise, what to change in the tree configuration.
    Last edited by dvdr; 07-31-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Administrator

It is a limitation of how we are using the database internally (I am 99% sure those artists which are showing are because they are contributing artists on the same tracks). Same is true for composers or any multi-items and [a-z]

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It is a limitation of how we are using the database internally (I am 99% sure those artists which are showing are because they are contributing artists on the same tracks). Same is true for composers or any multi-items and [a-z]
    Thanks, I'll be looking into this! So: the A's and B's etc. are only this artists, that are delimited by " ; " in a track of the main artist, if I understand you correctly. Better browse by album artist, then, right?

Administrator

Updated 31st July

Fixed Internet Radio (which had been disabled by previous update)

I've tried installing the latest release over the weekend to fix the problems with short tracks on the PS3 and nothing works. I can't seem to play any tracks at all, no matter what player I try to use.

Administrator

Uninstall, reinstall. Try playing mp3 files as a test.