title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP (DLNA) Release 2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyCanuck
    • Jun 2009

Re: Asset UPnP (DLNA) Release 2

Thanks Spoon ... by "yet" I assume it is on the radar?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Yes indeed
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alfaskop
        • Jun 2009

Hi!

I just got my Windows Home Server, a fujitsu 2205. It works very good and I downloaded Asset UPnp 2 Beta and tried it. What I need is transcoding of files as I have most of my library in Apple Lossless and my PS3 does not support that. Although I also got a Soundbridge which supports Apple Lossless. So my suggestion is that it should be possible to select transcoding possibilties on device level. Do you think that's possible and will be available in Asses UPnp?

Br
        Markus

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Not in the short-term.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Paul_A/V
            • Mar 2005

I just wanted to report that for the first 30 minutes plus after booting my computer uMediaLibrary.exe thrashes my hard drive to the point that my system becomes nearly unresponsive. This is in spite of the fact that this processes priority is set to "low". Once I shut down the AssetUPnP service my system returns to normal responsive operation. Is there anything I can do to minimize Assest's impact on my system when performing background activities (i.e. not streaming)?

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

What are the details of the system?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Update 21st June

Changes:

**** Fix to internet radio compatibility ****

Will now ignore files starting with '._' (which Apple MACs can create as 2nd files containing extra finder data)
                New option (on by default) to replace 'The Artist' with 'Artist, the' [** requires library rescanning - refresh all]
                New option (on by default) to place the disc number before track number on multi disc sets (for those discs where disc 2 has the same album name as disc 1)

Download as first message.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dvdr
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Sep 2008

Spoon

thanks for the update. A few observations:

- great new option for sorting multiple-disc-albums! Helps a lot! Unfortunately, discs starting from number 10 up get sorted before discs 2 and up: 1, 10, 11, 12, 13...., 3, 4

- Composer sorting by [A - Z] still displays unwanted content: a few entries for other letters are displayed as well. This is the only [A-Z] sorting, that does not work, even custom tags don't have this problem.

- Style tag: not supporting multiple styles delimited with ; only the first style is displayed, the follow-up styles are ignored in the list

- Custom tags (configured for multiple entries delimited by ; ) are not displayed properly: they are sorted by the first entry, but if there are multiple entries, the follow-up entries are displayed separated with a ; instead of individually . So you get the following display:
                  a1
                  a2
                  b1
                  b2; some other value 1
                  b2; some other value 2; some other value 3
                  b2; some other value 4
                  b3
                  in other words: when the tag would be a lyricist, and some lyricists have worked together with others (multiple entry delimited with ; ), you would display those entries "as written" in the tag-entry, but not each lyricist's name individually

- problematic discovery of the server by PlugPlayer: can't immidiately browse the server's content after a restart of Plugplayer (and also a server restart), though Linn Sneaky can still continue to play a current playlist and also, this playlist can still be controlled by PlugPlayer. It's all about not being able to browse the server. Instead, I have to wait until a new instance of Asset is discovered - like initially, before you corrected that with using the same port, I do get multiple entries of Asset in the server list again - and it takes 30 seconds to a minute, before the entry shows up in PlugPlayers configuration. This happened after upgrading to Cara. It seems to be some strange interaction between PlugPlayer (latest versions), Cara (all betas) and Asset - don't know, where it originates from.

Thanks again for the update. I hope, these observations can be of some use.
                  Last edited by dvdr; 06-22-2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Paul_A/V
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
                    What are the details of the system?
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    | Operating System | Microsoft(R) Windows XP Professional |
                    | Manufacturer | Hewlett-Packard |
                    | Model | Pavilion ze4300 (DA720AV) |
                    | Number Of Processors | 1 |
                    | Processor Description | mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP2400+, 1789MHz |
                    | Total Memory | 960MB |
                    | Total Hard Drive | 335GB |
                    | Display | 1400 x 1050 pixels, true colour |
                    | BIOS Version | PTLTD - 6040000 PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0 Ver 1.00PARTTBL |
                    | System Uptime | 0 Days, 0 Hours, 59 Minutes |
                    | Local Time | 2009-07-02 21:19:36 |
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Update 5th July

New option (off by default) to remove 'the ' from album name also
                      New option for Asset not to perform a Reresh (detecting changes) scan on start,
                      Internally caches the listings, so if back-tracking when browsing will be much faster
                      New Status Line (of scanning engine and how manu tracks) added to Asset Config (or Asset Settings page in WHS)
                      Uses a fixed UDN ID
                      Playlists added (dynamic: newest, most played, least played and static playlists .m3u, .m3u8 and .pls) (in Asset Configuration >> Advanced >> Edit >> Restore the browse tree to add Playlists).
                      If removed a folder (from meida library watched folder, but tracks are left) then tracks are not removed asset
                      Added option to browse by files/folders (have to add the tree item Folders & File Browse in Asset Configuration)

bug fix: if set the force to mp3 (but had not extensions forced), then would not save as mp3 selected (internet radio uses)

------
                      dvdr: thanks for the reports - will go onto issue sorting once Asset v2 becomes feature rich (quite soon).
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dvdr
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                        dvdr: thanks for the reports - will go onto issue sorting once Asset v2 becomes feature rich (quite soon).
                        My pleasure to support this great product
                        Here are first observations after the update:

- Server-discovery with PlugPlayer works like a charm now, whatever you changed, it helped :D
                        - great, that you'll have a look into the different sorting issues :smile2:
                        - Haven't tested the playlist feature, yet, since I first have to save my quite heavily user-configured browse tree...

"Feature rich quite soon" ??? I already thought, Asset has great features - sounds exciting !!!!!!!
                        Last edited by dvdr; 07-06-2009, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Playlist handling in Asset

Forgot in the previous message to say how playlists are handled:

Playlists added (dynamic: newest, most played, least played and static playlists .m3u, .m3u8 and .pls) (in Asset Configuration >> Advanced >> Edit >> Restore the browse tree to add Playlists).

Once the browse tree item 'Playlists' is added you can use the automatic generation of 'Most Played' 'Least Played' 'Newest' (all either track or album).

To Add m3u and pls files you would add another folder to the auto library (this time pointing to the playlist folder) and set the 'Contains' Line on the end to 'Playlists'
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dvdr
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Sep 2008

Question: why would adding a user-defined browse tree in Asset Configuration (Orchestra->A to Z->Album)
                            end in the following AssetUPNPDefinedBrowseTree.txt:

Orchestra{_no_track_list_}
                            Orchestra\[A to Z]{_no_track_list_}
                            Orchestra\[A to Z]\Orchestra
                            Orchestra\[A to Z]\Orchestra\Orchestra
                            Orchestra\[A to Z]\Orchestra\Orchestra\Orchestra
                            Orchestra\[A to Z]\Orchestra\Orchestra\Orchestra\Orchestra
                            Orchestra\[A to Z]\Orchestra\Orchestra\Orchestra\Orchestra\Orchestra
                            Orchestra\[A to Z]\Orchestra\Orchestra\Orchestra\Orchestra\Orchestra \Orchestra
                            Orchestra\[A to Z]\Orchestra\Orchestra\Orchestra\Orchestra\Orchestra \Orchestra\Album
                            Orchestra\Album

This happens quite frequently with other user-defined browse trees as well...
                            Last edited by dvdr; 07-06-2009, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Is that copy and paste from the browse tree? because the 2nd+3rd Orchestra from the bottom have ' ' space before the last \
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dvdr
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Sep 2008

Hi Spoon

this actually is a direct copy and paste from the AssetUPNPDefinedBrowseTree.txt in the "local-service....." folder.
                                What I did was: go into Asset Config and there, add a user-defined element, then (as a child) A-Z and then, as a child of that, Album.
                                This action seems to result in the posted output (and that also happens, when I do the A-Z with other elements). Your predefined browse tree elements do not show that behaviour. This, by the way, is not the outcome of the new beta of Asset, I already saw that with 2 previous betas.

I also have another question for you, regarding your new playlist option:
                                I managed to "install" it, set it to display a maximum of 100 items and did a complete, full rescan of my database. After the rescan, I got a display of different browsing options, but all of these show me 100 items, that I have not played before, that are not within recently/most/never played albums or tracks.
                                When I choose an album and play it, delete it from the PlugPlayers playlist, add it again or do the same with a track and play that track a dozen times, they all do not show up in the recently played, most played or whatever applicable options there are.
                                Can you give me any advice, what to do? Is there any way to "reset" the "counter"?

Like always: thanks in advance for your support and your continous work to provide updates and this great tool!

Comment

Working...

]]>