title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP (DLNA) Release 2

Re: Asset UPnP (DLNA) Release 2

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    4. is a false error.

1. is the mp3 being streamed as WAVE or left as mp3?
    Its been left as MP3 I believe (the PS3 shows the files as MP3 in the browser) as does Foobar when playing. I didn't change any of the file type settings in the advanced panel.

Administrator

Please email one mp3 file, with a short line in the email about the PS3 not playing them to full length:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Administrator

Update 6th May
    When updating tags keeps the track ID the same (allows an item stored in playlist to remain)
    album art handled much more efficiently - only one saved per album, also single art url given out for control points (will speed up a track listing where all album arts are the same)
    Internal Tag reader will self quit when main program terminated
    bug fix: tag reader could leave the file open
    bug fix: could return restricted for metadata browse on an item

I am still having problems with multiple genres (genre1;genre2;genre3), both with R1 and R2Beta.

When browsing by "Genre", I only get the first genre stored in the files' tag; the other styles are not even displayed in the browse-tree. When opening the sqlite db, they seem to be well indexed. Multiple artists and composers seem to work correctly.

Is this a known problem, to be solved with R2?

Thanks!

My system profile:

HP Pavilion w/AMD Athlon XP 2400+ processor and 1 GB of RAM
    Other: No Firewalls
    Network: Gigabit Ethernet
    Media storage: External HDD via USB 2.0
    DLNA client: PS3 and Xbox 360
    Music encoding: WavPack
    Installed codec: WavPack R7
    Asset UPnP: R1.1. then R2, settings: transcode WV to LPCM, all other settings left at default

I first installed Asset R1.1 and found install and setup to be easy. My music collection was scanned within 5 minutes. However, when I went to access my music via the PS3 all that I could do was traverse the menu hierarchy. Once I reached a menu that contained tracks the PS3 reported no tracks. I tried every menu to no avail. After reading the posts here it seemed as though a number of the problems with supporting the PS3 were resolved. So I upgraded to R2 but I got the same results.

Not to be denied my music I booted up my Xbox 360. Alas I had track listings but the Xbox wouldn't play any tracks reporting that the file format may not be supported. Is there something I am doing wrong because others have had success with both the PS3 and Xbox 360? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Administrator

Try adding an mp3 file to your library, does the PS3 show that - also I think that wave might be the better option for PS3.

@Bitwan thanks for the report

I added 4 mp3 files to my library and changed from LPCM to Wav. Now I can't see anything but [A-Z] in every menu and on both clients. There are still no tracks. I am also running tversity. Could the two be stomping on each other?

Thanks,

Paul

Administrator

You have possibly had asset restart, but still using the old one on the PS3, there would be a new menu entry for the new asset. Try restarting both your PC and PS3.

Ok great, I am seeing all of the artists/albums/tracks now. I still don't see any album art which I see with tversity. What does Asset look for in order to display album art?

Thanks for your help and the great products Spoon. From one Software Engineer to another...great stuff. I wish I had the time to develop cool audio software like this. Take care and keep up the good work.

Regards,

Paul

I forgot to mention that with every track play the PS3 is displaying the following message:

"The folder cannot be accessed.
    This content may have been deleted from the media server."

Ok, now I am getting album art, strange.

Now I see what's going on. The albums without any art are causing the PS3 to display that message. This isn't affecting playback at all so it's low on priority. Just thought you would want the feedback.

Administrator

At which point is the message "The folder cannot be accessed." displayed? about 5 minutes ago I had a flac file and mp3 file both without art and did not see those messages - were you browsing by album?

Administrator

Update 27th May

Added Internet Radio (in Asset Configuration >> Advanced >> Edit >> Restore the browse tree to add internet radio).
    Automatic 'drilling down' to next level, for example have tree as Artist (no listing) >> A to Z >> D, previously A to Z would have to be selected, no it does not
    added mp3 encoding option

...also improvements to PS3 support (yet again)

Download as first message, please also see the section on which features will be in the free asset and which will be in a paid asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    At which point is the message "The folder cannot be accessed." displayed? about 5 minutes ago I had a flac file and mp3 file both without art and did not see those messages - were you browsing by album?
    Sorry it's taken so long to get back to this. After further investigation and usage of PS3 with Asset, it appears that the problem wasn't related to missing album art and the errors have gone away. It may be possible that Asset hadn't fully built its database at the time I was getting the errors. Sorry for the wild goose chase. I plan to upgrade to the latest beta. I'll let you know if I see any errors going forward.

Quick question ... playing around with Asset from a Windows Home Server to a Denon AVR. For the most part I am very impressed, but it does not seem to have an ability to handle playlists (.m3u or .pls files). Am I missing something?

Thanks

Administrator

Playlist support is not yet implemented.