title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP (DLNA) Release 2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP (DLNA) Release 2

DrFink:

Please send over one mp3 with a genre which goes missing in Asset:

Version details is now in the item [Details] in the root tree.

@ocoro02: Internet radio would require various ports opening, they are standard wma streaming ports (not sure off the top of my head what they are), if you can test disabling the firewall for 2 minutes to see if that is the cause.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ocoro02
      • Jun 2009

Sorry for being a pain Spoon - still can't get internet radio working ... but it might be due to the fact I'm running Asset under Wine on Ubuntu!

I've run a tcpdump and can see that the Asset server appears to make 2 attempts at a transaction with the remote server (it's grabbing a url on port 80 on the remote server) then stops. I've opened up the firewall on my adsl router (with my netgear I can't actually turn it off - I have to port forward all ports to a particular ip on my subnet - I forwarded both udp & tcp to the Asset server).

I ran a tcpdump from the Asset server to the DS at the same time and I can see the DS is making a request on the Asset server (port 26125). Again it looks like 2 requests so I'm guessing the DS is making a request to Asset, Asset's trying to grab the url from the remote radio server, something fails, DS tries one more time, then gives up. T
      here's definitely transactions from Asset to the radio server. so it doesn't look like anything's being blocked. The Asset box is not running a firewall BTW.

One problem with Wine is that rather vital services may be missing. Wondering if internet radio relies on any extra services on the Asset server box?

Comment

• ocoro02
        • Jun 2009

I'll try setting up Asset on a Windows PC and compare the results...

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Almost certainly then, the Internet Radio streams are WMA and we install the WMA system codecs which perhaps would not like wine.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Updated Asset 9/9/9

Displays version number as RC1, code is now frozen and we hope to release in 1-2 weeks (only help files to update and any last bugs removed)

Added additional Playlist items:
            Jukebox Track Selection - randomly selects 100 tracks based on rating (5 star rated items are played more than 1 star)
            Previously Played Tracks
            PS3 - no longer cutting short mp3 tracks with a large album art
            When browsing by albums, was returning Album Art of "" when there was none
            Folder & file Browsing - the folders are exposed as a SotrageContainer so can be added in one go to a playlist
            All audio items returned as object.item.audioItem (previously could return as object.item if unknown audio type)
            Roku can playback playlist tracks
            for windows install, asset run options -
            Runs Locally (default)
            As a Service
            Disabled
            25 second delay in startup of asset if run from service as network might not have come up
            Asset + port added to windows firewall (all os)
            internet radio, dynamic playlists and file system browsing are restricted to 'Asset Premium' version (which will require registration for $26, note any RipNAS install is automatically registered), 'Asset Premium' trial activated on install for 30 days (full release will be within 30 days). ** Note the registration pages are not active **
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DrFink
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
              DrFink:

Please send over one mp3 with a genre which goes missing in Asset:

You've got mail.

Comment

• DrFink
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
                Updated Asset 9/9/9
                Folder & file Browsing - the folders are exposed as a SotrageContainer so can be added in one go to a playlist
                Just installed Release 2 RC1, to check if "the folders are exposed as a SotrageContainer so can be added in one go to a playlist" means, that folders can be added to the SONOS playlist. Well, it's still not possible - I hope it's still on the "to do"-list (maybe after the final of Asset v2).

But I don't want to sound negative - the new features (in comparison to v1.1) are great and a big improvement. Great work, Spoon!

DrFink

Comment

• dvdr
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Sep 2008

Spoon

just a few things I noticed, maybe they can be corrected for the final release of v2, still...

- in composers - despite it is configured for a ;-delimited multi-entry - I still get wrong display when browsing A-Z: there's composers from "other letters" as well. I know, that these may be contributing composers for a certain "letter", but they should be displayed in their appropriate letters imho.
                  Not sure, whether this may happen with other browse-trees as well. With artists, this has been corrected...

- I configured a database element "Instrument" and set it to "5" (multi-entry). But unfortunately, the ;-delimited entries are not "separated", they show up like this: oboe; piano; violin
                  Can this happen to any multientry custom entry I create for the database?

- I just bought an Acer H340 WHS-enquipped Server and installed Asset V2RC1. I noticed in the console, that Asset seems to reindex quite often. No files are changed or added, but Asset still "counts" (you can see that when you open the configuration window). After having indexed the music, it halts for about 20 secs to 1 minute, then it starts reindexing. Any thoughts, what might happen? Could it be, that the new playlist options or anything else, that keeps track of how often files are played, triggers a rescan?

- A question: what use does the option "rescan on Asset start" have? If I shut down my server, I cannot alter any files on it, so why should I have to rescan? Is it safe to shut the option off, when I want to keep the load on my server's processor as low as possible, or does this option serve another purpose I do not see right now? Right now, I have set it to "off"

Thanks for considering and:looking forward on V2 final :-)

Comment

• dvdr
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Sep 2008

-
                    Last edited by dvdr; 09-14-2009, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• paulwa
                      • Aug 2009

Hi Spoon. I checked the playlist issue for Roku Soundbridge devices. RC1 displays the playlists, which you could do previously, and also lets you play the tracks, which you couldn't.

There still seems to be a tag-reading issue. When you start a track, the filename briefly flashes on the screen of the Roku (e.g. 03 - Ethanopium), but then it immediately changes to something like the following:

[FILE-SYSTEM]176-au192 - (Unkown Artist)

The numbers are different for every track played, so it looks like it's presenting database info rather than the track and artist name from the tags. It will enable to the Roku to play through the playlist now though, so it seems to work from a musical perspective. Cheers!

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

It is a current limitation of the design, Asset was originally built as an internal database, file system, internet radio and playlists are all outside the main database so getting the extra info out to the player (which calls BrowseforMetadata as the roku does) is tricky. It will be addressed in Asset R3.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• paulwa
                          • Aug 2009

One thing I do want to congratulate you on, Spoon, is the ability of the Asset server to survive WHS Hibernation cycles. I've tried to run Twonky and Firefly in the past, but both simply disappear from view on the Roku when my WHS comes out of hibernation. I need to do a full system restart to restore them.

I'm not sure if this is peculiar to the Roku - does anyone else see this happening with other client devices? I run my WHS as a proper static IP address, outside of the routers DHCP range, as I read that DHCP leases can expire. I also have Windows Firewall turned off on the Home Server.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get into trouble-shooting other people's servers here, it was meant to be a slap on the back for Asset!

Comment

• ocoro02
                            • Jun 2009

I have problems with KinskyDesktop when I bring the PC (running Vista) out of standby and never quite pinned down why. It just seems to lose either the Linn DS or the media server and multiple restarts of KinskyDesktop often don't help (and 'rescan network' doesn't seem to work either). I always make sure I quit KinskyDesktop before putting the PC in standby now.

Comment

• ServerBaboon
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Sep 2009

I don't know if anyone else has tried it yet but I am having some issues with Windows 7 (x64) connecting to asset on a WHS box. If I load up Windows Media player and select the asset server the albums are not always displayed with the album art and when I select the album the track list some times has the same track listed 3 or four times. When I try and play a track it attempts then says its chaging media and then after some sort of time out it displays a failure message. All the while it works with my Vista (x86) laptop with no issues.

Weirdly when I joined my WHS box to my domain at home (I work in IT) everything worked ok, except for the WHS messages about shutting down unless removed it from the domain.

I have removed my WHS box from the domain again and the media playing on my W7 box has stopped working. Also I am getting an incomplete list of albums.

I have tried disabling the FW on the WHS box but that made no difference.

I do not know enough ( nothingreally) about UPNP so not sure where to start except for firewalls... any further ideas?

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

>I select the album the track list some times has the same track listed 3 or four times.

WMP 11 has many changes which are not for the best... You would have to edit the browse tree in Asset removing all Album and A to Z entries in any subtrees.

The playing of tracks, first try a mp3 file to rule out the audio format.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>