title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP (DLNA) Release 2

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP (DLNA) Release 2

@ocoro02

In which control point? Plugplayer, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    @zweep

Playlists in wmp - wmp is a different sort of upnp browser, in that it does not brwose the trees asset provides instead it reads everything in one go. I have not look how it is getting the playlists.
    It emits a Search() with container id = "0" and a search starting with :

upnp:class derivedfrom "object.container.playlistContainer"

Hi

I downloading Cara last night for the Linn DS, and just wanted to point out also FYI that the Folder and Filenames Browsing also doesnt do the album art.

Thanks

It is likely that asset is starting before the computer has an IP address from your router, I will add a delay in startup of 30 seconds - for now you can go into services and change the startup from automatic to automatic (Delayed Start)
    I changed the setting in Services to Delayed Start, and I'm having the same problem. Restarting the Asset service manually sets everything straight, but it would be nice not to have to do that.

About the mp3 file which finishes early - the PS3 has a bad design (IMHO) in that it will only play to the reported length of an item, so if you had a vbr mp3 file, but with no vbr header the exact length cannot be known without uncompressing the whole file (and the ps3 want that information when browsing the tree, not on file serve). First make sure you are on the latest Asset beta as there were fixes done in there area.
    For that mp3 file, hold the mouse over it, dbpoweramp will popup the length - if it is the correct length shown then please send to me.
    I downloaded the newest release (the one dated 30 July), and I'm still having the same problem. It's really quite strange. Let me give you an example. I'm trying to play a particular mp3 file. According to Windows Media Player, the track is 1:33 long. dBpoweramp agrees. When I hold the mouse over the track in Windows Explorer, the length that pops up is 1:33.

Here's the weird part. When I'm scrolling through the Asset server on the PS3, and I see all of the tracks for this album listed together, the timing for this track is displayed correctly (1:33). When I select the track to start playing it, though, the timing comes up as 1:18, and that's why playback cuts out before the track is over!

I'm sending you the file in question in a private message.

Matthew

Administrator

@ocoro02

In which control point? Plugplayer, etc?
    Hi - sorry - this was running Asset UPnP 2bRC1 on Vista Business SP2 with latest updates. Control point is KinskyDesktop Cara 1 on the same machine. I can't remember if I tried it with PlugPlayer or not - got a feeling I did and was the same issue but this isn't certain.

I'm now running the same version of Asset UPnP under Wine on Ubuntu 8.04 and don't see the same issue with resized 160x160 images any more.

Silly question - should Internet Radio just work or do I need special hardware etc.?

Administrator

Nothing special is needed.

Ah OK, thanks - thought so. Can't get it working. Will try again.

Administrator

@msilverz

I have looked at the file - it is 2.5MB long and contains a PNG artwork at the beginning (~400KB), we report to the PS3 that the file is 1m33 seconds long and has a bit rate of 24 (which is 192Kbps). The PS3 then asks for 1m33 x 24 = 2.2MB...it is quite stupid if it thinks there would not be an id tag on the front. So either we report a wrong bitrate (calculated on the file size) or leave it cutting short on the PS3.

<edit> there is something we can do, we can detect the PS3 and adjust specially for it. When the next beta is released, do a Rescan (refresh all) and it should be right.
    Last edited by Spoon; 08-27-2009 at 06:33 AM.

I'm using R2 rC with DENON 3808ci, and have noticed an artifact of Asset UPnP. I've noticed this playing back files in the Browse Folder view of the tree, and haven't yet tested to see if it's different when playing back through a different tree view.

The Denon has 3 onscreen info fields (song title, artist, album), which are normally all 3 populated when mp3 tags are fully updated. I've observed this with WMP, TVersity.

With Asset UPnP, the Song Title field seems to show the physical file name which will scroll across the screen, but the other two fields show as:

Unknown Conductor
    Unknown Album

(why Conductor instead of Artist, as the other servers show, I don't know)

Is there any configuration which is necessary to properly display these 3 fields discretely?

By the way, Asst UPnP is off to a fantastic start, I like it. If there is any info that I can provide to help with this issue please let me know.

As a followup to the previous post, the 3 discrete fields are indeed displayed propelry in tree views other than Browse Folder.

Administrator

We do this currently as a folder might have 300 tracks, and it could take a minute or two to read the tags for it, by which time the control point would have timed out.

Hallo,

I own a SONOS music system, with installed Asset V1. Yesterday I installed the RC2 of Asset V2 to checkout the new features (and fixes of bugs). The option to browse by files and folders is a great new feature, but I hoped that now it would be possible to add a whole folder to the SONOS playlist which would be great because so far it's not possible to add a whole album to the playlist. Are there any plans to make adding a folder (or adding an album) possible ?

Furthermore I wanted to check out if one bug I found in V1 is fixed in RC V2 - well, it isn't:

I've tagged all my music files with Foobar2000 (with standard options) - flac files and mp3 files. The bug that still exists: Asset in my Sonos doesn't show the "Genre" field of my mp3 files! It displays "Unknown Genre" although the "Genre" fields are filled with different values (but not the standard values like "Pop", "Rock", "R&B" etc. but with my own individual values).

The genre field of my flac files are displayed correctly, all the other tag-fields I filled (title, artist, album, track-no. and composer) of my flac and mp3 files are displayed correctly.

So first I wanted to know if that is a Sonos bug or a Asset bug: I started PlugPlayer on my Ipod Touch (with Asset as server and iPod as client), and PlugPlayer even doesn't show the Genre fields of my mp3 and flac files - so even worse. So it's doesn't seem to be a Sonos bug.

Then I checked a mp3 file which is not tagged with Foobar2000 - and here the Genre is displayed correctly!. So what's the difference? I found a difference in the "Contains" field (in "Advanced search") in Asset:

- In "Contains" all my FLAC files have the value: "CRC, ID Tags (Vorbis Comments)"
    - In "Contains" the mp3 file with was not tagged with Foobar2000 has the value "ID Tag [ID3v2.3 (UTF16) & ID3v1.0]". I checked some other mp3 files (not tagged with Foobar2000) - they have the value "ID Tag [ID3v2.3 (UTF16) & ID3v1.1]".
    - In "Contains" the mp3 files with were tagged with Foobar2000 have the values "[ID3v1.0]" or "[ID3v1.1]".

So, it seems that Foobar2000 doesn't write ID3v2.3 in mp3 files, and that Asset doesn't recognize the value in "Genre" of mp3 files with no ID3v2.3.

On the Foobar2000 FAQ page - http://www.foobar2000.org/FAQ- there is one interesting statement in the "Tagging Files" section:

MP3 tags (ID3v2) added or modified by foobar2000 are not read or are read improperly in application X or portable player Y. What can I do?

foobar2000 writes ID3v2.4 tags encoded as UTF-8 by default. To deal with broken software/hardware with partial support of the ID3v2 standard, an 'ID3v2 writer compatibility mode' has been added ('Preferences, Advanced, Tagging, MP3, ID3v2 writer compatibility mode'); it results in non-standard-compliant tags being written (ID3v2.3 instead of ID3v2.4, UTF-16, no unsynchronization, no padding), but attempts to dodge known bugs in other ID3v2 implementations.
    Well, by default this "ID3v2 writer compatibility mode" is not checked (and also not checked when I tagged all my files). The "Preferred tagging scheme" is of course "ID3v2 + ID3v1".

BTW, all my mp3 files are encoded with Lame 3.9x (which is also shown in "Encoder" in "Advanced Search" in Asset).

So my "wish" is: Let Asset support all ID3-fields of non-ID3v2.3 mp3 files - especially the Genre field.

And a last remark: Where in RC2 is the [Details Section] section (which shows among other things the library details) which was in the tree in V1? I don't want to start my WHS console to see the Asset details of my library.

DrFink
    Last edited by DrFink; 09-06-2009 at 03:19 PM.

I still can't get the internet radio feature working - does anything need opening firewall-wise? In KinskyDesktop when I drag the station to the playlist window and hit 'play, it thinks about it for a couple of seconds then does nothing (Kinsky's not indicating that it's playing it either).