title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP Does Not Work With Denon

Asset UPnP Does Not Work With Denon

Back in December, Offwhite reported:

I have tried to use it with my Denon AVR-3808CI, but after starting the Asset-UPNP server, the Denon shows a new entry for it:

Asset UPnP [computername] (Not Authorized)

I've just installed Release 1 of Asset on my WHS, and I see that this problem is still present. Is it likely to be addressed? My Denon is working with other UPnP servers without problem, but Asset refuses to play with it.

Thanks

Geoff Coupe

Re: Asset UPnP Does Not Work With Denon

After googling this issue, I found something similar reported for the TVersity server. Unfortunately, the workaround for the TVersity (restarting the server) does not work with the Asset server...

Administrator

I will mark as a bug to look at (will be a few weeks), but we do not have any authorization for Asset (anything is allowed to access it).

@spoon: I really suspect it'll work if you return 1 in the IsAuthorized action of that pesky X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar service.

Administrator

If you have a Denon, please email:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Thumbs up Re: Asset UPnP Does Not Work With Denon

Hello Spoon,

thank you for this piece of ingenious software.

I just started to use Asset-uPnP with my Denon AVR 4306 network AV-receiver and I can confirm that it works (German WindowsXP).
    I am able to listen to my FLAC compressed music on my Denon receiver that natively only supports WAV, MP3 and WMA.

I also have "Asset UPnP: computername (Not Authorized)" on the Denon displayed.
    (By the way, I am not sure whether this had appeared with the 0.97 beta version.)
    But this has nothing to do with the users problem.
    When scrolling thru my music directories like "Artist\[A to Z]", I always saw the string "---- empty ----" on the Denon display,
    although the dataset "uMediaLibraryMainDB.bin" was built in
    "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\username\Anwendungsdaten\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary"
    and contained some data.

Then I read a hint that starting with 0.99 Beta the "\uMediaLibrary" directory
    has to be under "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\LocalService\Anwendungsdaten\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary"

I found this directory that contains my configuration files, but an empty music library.
    After moving the directory under "LocalService" it works.

By the way, because the directory was already there, the install process suggested to install Asset UPnP under
    "Drive-letter\dbpoweramp\".
    Therefore I later had to edit the "Drive-letter\dbpoweramp\Asset-UPnPService.ini" file to get the program running as a service.
    It would be nice if the installation process can edit the installation directory itself into that file.

Thanks

BDI

Administrator

By default asset should install to:

%programfiles%\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\

See R2 ( in the beta section of this forum ) which has a fix for Denons.