title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: question about release [sonos specific]

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    28

    Re: question about release [sonos specific]

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Not sure about the ipod, it could already be implemented on that?.
    Thanks for your answer, cause I don't have a sonos yet but plan to buy one, and I already have an iPod, so I don't need to buy the CR-100 to take advantage of Asset (when my PC is off).

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It was the option of adding an albums worth of tracks in one click.
    ... and the album art thing. So, can you give us any hints if there is a chance that in the next Sonos update there will be a better integration of the Asset UPnP in Sonos ?

    DrFink
    Last edited by DrFink; 04-21-2009 at 03:01 AM.

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14

    Re: question about release [sonos specific]

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Thanks for your answer, cause I don't have a sonos yet but plan to buy one, and I already have an iPod, so I don't need to buy the CR-100 to take advantage of Asset (when my PC is off).
    I'm afraid to say that Asset (or any other local uPnP server) doesn't show up in the iPod Sonos controller. :( You just get the subscribed services such as Last.fm appearing in the top level menu.

    I've not yet tried PlugPlayer afresh. An attempt a while back suggested it couldn't find the ZonePlayers, but I may have not had enough patience with it.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    28

    Re: question about release [sonos specific]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
    I'm afraid to say that Asset (or any other local uPnP server) doesn't show up in the iPod Sonos controller. :( You just get the subscribed services such as Last.fm appearing in the top level menu.

    I've not yet tried PlugPlayer afresh. An attempt a while back suggested it couldn't find the ZonePlayers, but I may have not had enough patience with it.
    Thanks for your comment, Ratty . But then it would be great to know if someone had tried PlugPlayer in conjunction with Asset and Sonos (and could say "yes, it works" ).
    Last edited by DrFink; 04-21-2009 at 06:57 AM.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    28

    Re: question about release [sonos specific]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
    I'm afraid to say that Asset (or any other local uPnP server) doesn't show up in the iPod Sonos controller. :( You just get the subscribed services such as Last.fm appearing in the top level menu.

    I've not yet tried PlugPlayer afresh. An attempt a while back suggested it couldn't find the ZonePlayers, but I may have not had enough patience with it.
    In the meantime I bought a WHS and the SONOS system - and tried PlugPlayer.
    Like on Ratty's iPod, PlugPlayer on my iPod Touch doesn't find my ZonePlayer. At the moment I'm in contact with the PlugPlayer support to solve this problem.

    The great thing about PlugPlayer is the fully multi-add functionality (add an whole album or all songs by an artist). But it doesn't support FLAC files, only MP3s...

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    28

    Re: question about release [sonos specific]

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    In the meantime I bought a WHS and the SONOS system - and tried PlugPlayer.
    Like on Ratty's iPod, PlugPlayer on my iPod Touch doesn't find my ZonePlayer. At the moment I'm in contact with the PlugPlayer support to solve this problem.

    The great thing about PlugPlayer is the fully multi-add functionality (add an whole album or all songs by an artist). But it doesn't support FLAC files, only MP3s...
    BTW, I WAS in contact with the PlugPlayer support, but they couldn't solve the problem (because they don't own a Sonos system). So PlugPlayer works with Asset, but not with Sonos...
    Last edited by DrFink; 07-13-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •