title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

question about release [sonos specific]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrFink
    • Apr 2009

Re: question about release [sonos specific]

Originally posted by Spoon
    Not sure about the ipod, it could already be implemented on that?.
    Thanks for your answer, cause I don't have a sonos yet but plan to buy one, and I already have an iPod, so I don't need to buy the CR-100 to take advantage of Asset (when my PC is off).

Originally posted by Spoon
    It was the option of adding an albums worth of tracks in one click.
    ... and the album art thing. So, can you give us any hints if there is a chance that in the next Sonos update there will be a better integration of the Asset UPnP in Sonos ?

DrFink
    Last edited by DrFink; 04-21-2009, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Ratty
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DrFink
      Thanks for your answer, cause I don't have a sonos yet but plan to buy one, and I already have an iPod, so I don't need to buy the CR-100 to take advantage of Asset (when my PC is off).
      I'm afraid to say that Asset (or any other local uPnP server) doesn't show up in the iPod Sonos controller. :( You just get the subscribed services such as Last.fm appearing in the top level menu.

I've not yet tried PlugPlayer afresh. An attempt a while back suggested it couldn't find the ZonePlayers, but I may have not had enough patience with it.

Comment

• DrFink
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Ratty
        I'm afraid to say that Asset (or any other local uPnP server) doesn't show up in the iPod Sonos controller. :( You just get the subscribed services such as Last.fm appearing in the top level menu.

I've not yet tried PlugPlayer afresh. An attempt a while back suggested it couldn't find the ZonePlayers, but I may have not had enough patience with it.
        Thanks for your comment, Ratty . But then it would be great to know if someone had tried PlugPlayer in conjunction with Asset and Sonos (and could say "yes, it works" ).
        Last edited by DrFink; 04-21-2009, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• DrFink
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Ratty

In the meantime I bought a WHS and the SONOS system - and tried PlugPlayer.
          Like on Ratty's iPod, PlugPlayer on my iPod Touch doesn't find my ZonePlayer. At the moment I'm in contact with the PlugPlayer support to solve this problem.

The great thing about PlugPlayer is the fully multi-add functionality (add an whole album or all songs by an artist). But it doesn't support FLAC files, only MP3s...

Comment

• DrFink
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by DrFink
            In the meantime I bought a WHS and the SONOS system - and tried PlugPlayer.
            Like on Ratty's iPod, PlugPlayer on my iPod Touch doesn't find my ZonePlayer. At the moment I'm in contact with the PlugPlayer support to solve this problem.

The great thing about PlugPlayer is the fully multi-add functionality (add an whole album or all songs by an artist). But it doesn't support FLAC files, only MP3s...
            BTW, I WAS in contact with the PlugPlayer support, but they couldn't solve the problem (because they don't own a Sonos system). So PlugPlayer works with Asset, but not with Sonos...
            Last edited by DrFink; 07-13-2009, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>