title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Convert and Replace Library

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ech0419
    • Feb 2009

Convert and Replace Library

Hi I'm new here. Obviously. I just started re-using the program - I used it back in the day but I did not like it - version 13 won me back.

Ok so I have a ton of music imported from CD. I don't want to spend the time importing several hundred cds. Is it possible to set dbpoweramp to convert all of my .mp3 songs (or anything that is not apple lossless or aac).

It is all arranged in the Artist\Album\title system, so it is very organized.

Is it possible to load all of the music in this massive folder to db and have it only convert non aac/m4a files to aac of the same bitrate/quality etc and also replace the original files and preserve the folders/names?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Convert and Replace Library

Batch Converter and uncheck all file types except the one wanted.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ech0419
      • Feb 2009

ok but will this replace the originals? Also I want it to be in the same bit rate as the original, not 128kb/s upscaled to 320kb/s and wasting disc space or 320kb/s downscaled to 128kb/s - if you undertstand what I mean.

Comment

• Teknojnky
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2006

I don't think there is any tool anywhere that will dynamically choose different bit-rates and types when re-encoding.

In any case, I assume you realize that re-encoding from any lossy source to another lossy will be of less quality than the source.

Before you willingly go and permanently ruin your entire lossy collection, you should do a large number of comparisons of the source vs various quality (and size) levels of your desired destination.

Comment

Working...

]]>