title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "Channels" Setting IN DMC 13.1

Thumbs up "Channels" Setting IN DMC 13.1

Firstly, thanks for Release version 13.1, the new lame 3.98 MP3 encoder sounds audibly better to my semi-trained ears. I am curious what the channel settings listed under MP3 encode options signify. My standard for archiving and headphone listening is CBR at 320 Kbps (artifact free quality is more important than file size to me) and I've always avoided Joint Stereo as an algorithm that may be useful but can introduce modifications from source.

With this in mind, am I best off selecting "stereo" in encoding options rather than "auto" or "dual channel"? if I select for "auto" what determines the mode actually used and what effect on source fidelity / quality is expected?

Your thoughts would be appreciated, Spoon and the smart minds and golden ears who frequent this forum.

Thanks!
    Last edited by LoryWiviott; 02-19-2009 at 01:37 AM.

Administrator

Re: "Channels" Setting IN DMC 13.1

Auto is the best, if the sourceis mono, the final is mono, if stereo then can either be Joint Stereo or Stereo as decided internally by Lame.

Re: "Channels" Setting IN DMC 13.1

Thanks for the recommendation...the results using "auto" so far are superb on my classical music collection encoded at 320 Kbps CBR.