title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Album artwork is lost when batch converting from lossless to aac.

Album artwork is lost when batch converting from lossless to aac.

Hello All,
    All my music is in the Apple Lossless format. I have album artwork for all files. Some of this album artwork is the standard artwork automatically downloaded by iTunes when originally importing new music into my iTunes library. Other artwork is custom in that I changed what iTunes automatically downloaded with an image I prefered. Regardless, all album artwork is available in iTunes and on my iPod when using the original Apple Lossless format. However, when I batch convert the original Apple Lossless format files to the aac format (so I can fit more songs on my iPod), none of the art work gets caried over? Am I doing something wrong during the batch conversion? Is there a way I can get all my album artwork to transfer over to the new converted aac files and show up on my iPod? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Dave

Administrator

Re: Album artwork is lost when batch converting from lossless to aac.

iTunes holds the artwork for any files only in its internal database, which is not accessible by Dbpoweramp.