title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Begginer - please help me with my Rewriter!

Unregistered

Begginer - please help me with my Rewriter!

Ok, I've spent the whole day trying to install the CD-RW i bought and am pretty fed up to be honest.

I don't know if i have physically installed the damn thing correctly as the instructions were NO help what-so-ever, is it that had to believe everyone who buys a rewriter wont know what an IDE port is? lol....

Anyway, i used the leads from my old normal disc drive so now i just have the rw drive plugged in. I was hoping that i would be able to copy music from cds to windows media player then from there compile a cd playlist in the programme ("nero 5") and burn it back to a blank cd.

This is not the case. ARGH!!!!!
    I can do this fine with the mp3 files i downloaded from the net but when i try and select the media player files as a playlist to be burnt it says "nero cannot read these files".

What do i do? It wont let me change their format..or i just dont know how.

I know this may sound stupid but i need really basic instructions and help because iknow NOTHING about computers or software and this is really frustrating me.
    Someone said i might need to download a programme or something but i just dont understand why this wont work?

Why wouldnt the instruictions with the rewriter tell me i need futher programmes? Id have bought them if i knew.

Kathryn.

Administrator
    Windows Media Player is no good, because it write protected WMA files that no program is able to touch.

Install dBpowerAMP Music Converter and use the CD ripper on that.

Smile

Hopefully this will help you out........ Nero Burning Rom has a plug in that adds support for *.WMA audio files. Just download it, install, and away you go. I had the same prob as you for quite a while until i went looking on Nero's website and found this......... Here is the link for you.... http://www.nero.com/en/index.html*download Hope that helps you greatly