title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping to shared network folder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OzarkVe
    • Jan 2009

Ripping to shared network folder

Is there a way to rip to a shared network folder? I get an error when ripping from my laptop to my desktop with an external drive.
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

Re: Ripping to shared network folder

Originally posted by OzarkVe
    Is there a way to rip to a shared network folder? I get an error when ripping from my laptop to my desktop with an external drive.
    You need to use the Encode Local add on:

The purpose of Encode Local is to encode files locally (normally to the computers temporary folder), before sending the file to its final location (which could be a network shared folder, such as on a NAS). Why do this? for certain audio formats, such as Ogg vorbis, or FLAC, ID Tags are contained at the beginning of the file,

-brendan

Comment

• gldr
      • Dec 2008

I rip (FLAC) to a network drive without the local encoder. Just select the network folder as target folder. The purpose of the local encoder is just to speed up this process

Comment

• OzarkVe
        • Jan 2009

Hey - I found a workaround - if I tried to write to the network drive by inputting \\XXXcomputerhere\drive into dbp - it errored out, but by mapping it as a network drive with a local drive letter (z: in this case), it worked just fine. I don't get the difference, but simple enough to workaround.

Comment

Working...

]]>