title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp + Music NFO Builder = Problems!

Question dBpoweramp + Music NFO Builder = Problems!

I am having a problem with the flac files that dBpoweramp(dBp) R13.1 creates. Music NFO Builder can't read the tags properly. I have tried using EasyTAG v2.1 to clear the tags and re-tag the files, but Music NFO Builder still can't parse the resulting tags. It still shows garbage info for the tags, and the SAME garbage at that. Meaning, that even after clearing and saving the new tags with EasyTAG, Music NFO Builder shows the same tag info as was shown right after produced them. However, if I use EAC Music NFO Builder is happy.

So, does anyone else have problems with Music NFO Builder and flac files produced by dBpoweramp?

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp + Music NFO Builder = Problems!

Make sure you have not set the option to write ID3v2 tags for FLAC (in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Make sure you have not set the option to write ID3v2 tags for FLAC (in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced).
    Thanx for the quick reply!

No, I don't believe I changed any of the ID Tagging settings from the defaults. FLAC ID Tagging is set to "Vorbis Comments."

Any other ideas? I'd feel better if others were having the same problem....I sent a message to the Music NFO Builder author, but didn't get a reply.

Administrator

Our FLAC files work fine in every other audio application (AFAIK).

I believe I ran into this problem, and it was related to adding the artwork to the tag. Don't embed the album artwork, and save as folder.jpg instead and see if that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MaDxCrEaM View Post
    I believe I ran into this problem, and it was related to adding the artwork to the tag. Don't embed the album artwork, and save as folder.jpg instead and see if that works for you.
    AFAIK, I don't intentionally embed the artwork and am quite sure it is being saved as folder.jpg. Sorry, but I couldn't find the option regarding embedding the artwork into the tag. Where is it located?

IT is in the CD Ripper options, under "ID Tag and Meta Settings" towards the bottom as "Album Artwork".

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    IT is in the CD Ripper options, under "ID Tag and Meta Settings" towards the bottom as "Album Artwork".
    Thank you. I was looking in the dBpoweramp Configuration app, and not in the Ripper app. Duh.

Smile Re: dBpoweramp + Music NFO Builder = Problems!

Quote Originally Posted by MaDxCrEaM View Post
    Sweet! Between your suggestion and Lt. Data pulling my head outta my butt, this has solved the problem!

Thanx guys! Now I can fully stop using EAC....