title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boar do your drivers support the MF Digital Ripstation DP4-7602

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Boar do your drivers support the MF Digital Ripstation DP4-7602

HUGE props to bhoar (and of course, spoon).

Driver seems to be doing what it's supposed to, working (i think) on one minor issue.

Thanks!!!! :D

:komisch12

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just wondering, though the usual answer is yes, if extra RAM helps with dBp. The 7602 only has 512k and I was thinking of upgrading.

Anyone ever had to open one of these up? Looks like the back panel comes off without disturbing the transport :confused:

Thoughts?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fphredd View Post
    Just wondering, though the usual answer is yes, if extra RAM helps with dBp. The 7602 only has 512k and I was thinking of upgrading.

Anyone ever had to open one of these up? Looks like the back panel comes off without disturbing the transport :confused:

Thoughts?
    Yes.
    - If you use secure ripping, each track may be loaded into memory several times.
    - If you use batch ripping this happens with more than one CD at a time.
    - If a track is long, then the amount of memory used is larger as well.

i.e. worst case scenario: if you secure rip two single-track 60 minute CDs (e.g. live shows) in parallel, you may need 2.5-3GB of RAM or so to prevent swapping from occuring.

Of course with the unit you are using, you may be limited to 2GB of RAM expansion - they tend to use the bare minimum requirements for duplicators (though yours may be a bit higher since it was originally a MediaGrabber aka DVD ripping unit).

I've opened up the non-symmetric layout versions of these. It's kind of a pain in the ass, and easy to pull cables so if you do it, do it slowly, and have a large work area available. Also, guard the robot arm well, it's really easy to be trying to twist the unit, overbalance, and have it come crashing down onto (and destroy) the arm. Uh, don't do that.

-brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks, once again, bhoar.

This one will actually support 8GB, though it's XP so it's 3+...and memory is cheap (though I'd pay up to get some of mine back)