title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boar do your drivers support the MF Digital Ripstation DP4-7602

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Boar do your drivers support the MF Digital Ripstation DP4-7602

Just curious if your drivers support this model of RipStation. Also if you are familiar with this model can 2 more drives be added to it? Lastly I realize that your drivers are not free, what would the cost for your drivers be for this robot with the stock drives (2) and with the add-on drives (total of 4)

Thanks,

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Boar do your drivers support the MF Digital Ripstation DP4-7602

Quote Originally Posted by sredmyer View Post
    Just curious if your drivers support this model of RipStation. Also if you are familiar with this model can 2 more drives be added to it? Lastly I realize that your drivers are not free, what would the cost for your drivers be for this robot with the stock drives (2) and with the add-on drives (total of 4)

Thanks,
    1. Ah, no and yes. No, in that I don't have a solid one together right now, yes in that it would only take a little bit of tweaking to get it to work.

I do have drivers for a similar unit where all the input/output stacks are toward the left and middle and the drives are only on the right. The "asymmetrically" arranged unit.

The ones you mentioned above are the 2 or 4 drive units with both a symmetric disc input/output stack placement and two symmetrically placed drive columns (left and right). I believe this is a newer hardware variation and the command set it slightly more complicated due to the two drive column layout.

2. My proposed serial-based robot driver pricing model is:

1. Single drive robots, $100 flat (per driver type).
    2. Multi drive robots, $100 per robot + $50/drive (per driver type). Two drive robot = $200, Four drive robot = $300, Six drive robot = $400.

Commercial users would pay the driver fee for each robot they operate (discounts available for more then two robots). Personal users could pay one fee even if they have more than one robot.

-brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Would $1100 for one of these be a decent deal?
    What kind of disc through put could I expect with this device (both in two drive and 4 drive configuration). How long do you expect it will be before you have a stable driver for this device?

Thanks,

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sredmyer View Post
    Would $1100 for one of these be a decent deal?
    What kind of disc through put could I expect with this device (both in two drive and 4 drive configuration). How long do you expect it will be before you have a stable driver for this device?

Thanks,
    I'd need to acquire one myself (unlikely at this point in time) or work with someone to install portmon in order to document the serial IO used by other software (such as the duplication software).

Hard to say in terms of throughput. Best I can guess would be, depending on drive, and with clean discs in burst mode, 3-4 minutes per CD per drive including cycle time. That's 15-20 CDs per hour per drive.

If you use secure mode, then throughput will suffer when dealing with discs not in AccurateRip or discs that are not pristine.

-brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks for the info

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I just go one of these machines used with only video grabbing software. Looks like dbp could be the PERFECT solution if you could get it to work with this machine for me. From perusing the forum and especially this post, you don't yet have a way for it to work with this model (2 symmetrically arranged drives, built in XP PC).

Is it just a matter of you tweaking or would I need to pay the $200?
    What other info would you need from me?
    All live music CD-R's, no tags...

Thanks!! :smile2:

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Oh, also, how long would it take to complete??? Got a lot of ripping ahead of me (around 13,000 CD's...).

Again, Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fphredd View Post
    I just go one of these machines used with only video grabbing software. Looks like dbp could be the PERFECT solution if you could get it to work with this machine for me. From perusing the forum and especially this post, you don't yet have a way for it to work with this model (2 symmetrically arranged drives, built in XP PC).

Is it just a matter of you tweaking or would I need to pay the $200?
    What other info would you need from me?
    All live music CD-R's, no tags...

Thanks!! :smile2:
    fphredd:

If someone assists me getting the first version of the driver out for this hardware, I will certainly give them a discount at a minimum. If you want to pursue getting this working, contact me via email and we'll chat up documenting the commands used and getting a driver working.

I might already have some of the commands, but if you've got a live unit, we can also monitor it being used by other software and complete the command set.

-brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Email sent! :D

dBpoweramp Guru

Email sent! :D
    Not received. Did you get all three substitutions right in the email address?

-brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes I did. Will try again right now...a bit anxious....

thnx

Sent!
    Last edited by fphredd; 02-13-2009 at 02:36 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bhoar View Post
    Not received. Did you get all three substitutions right in the email address?

-brendan
    Did you get either email yet (he asked hopefully)?

dBpoweramp Guru

Did you get either email yet (he asked hopefully)?
    Yup, I got the second one, but I'm backed up with a work project this weekend (grn).

-brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I hate when work gets in the way

Email when you have some time.

dBpoweramp Guru

FYI, fphredd is testing the MF-Digital 7602/7604 (aka Ripstation hardware) driver tonight.

-brendan