title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Dexterix robot

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Dexterix robot

Brendan,

I found a video on youtube about these loaders and started searching the web for info. After some searching I found their website and have attempted to contact them but have gotten no response. Several more hours of searching led me to a post you had made over a year ago about these on the CDFreaks forum. In that post you stated that you had gotten in touch with the manufacturer.

Can you share any of the info you learned? Are (or were they ever) available in the states? Do they still manufacture them? How much do they cost?

Thanks for any info you may have.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Dexterix robot

Quote Originally Posted by sredmyer View Post
    Brendan,

I found a video on youtube about these loaders and started searching the web for info. After some searching I found their website and have attempted to contact them but have gotten no response. Several more hours of searching led me to a post you had made over a year ago about these on the CDFreaks forum. In that post you stated that you had gotten in touch with the manufacturer.

Can you share any of the info you learned? Are (or were they ever) available in the states? Do they still manufacture them? How much do they cost?

Thanks for any info you may have.
    I believe they made an agreement with Aleratec to market them in the US primarily through Aleratec, rebranding them the Aleratec Roboracer. The street price is in the $700-$800 range...but Aleratec sells refurbs on ebay for about half that from time to time.

The manufacturer showed no interest in assisting me, so I rolled my own batch ripper driver...after buying a refurb unit and logging the IO their own software uses.

So I do have a batch ripper driver for this unit, but I charge for it.

-brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Brendan,

I do not think this is the RoboRacer. From what I can tell the RoboRacer is a stand alone riopping robot. This Dexterix unit is a disc loading/unloading solution only. It is mounted on top of a CD/DVD duplicator stack and simplay loads discs when needed and unloads them when finished.

Thanks,

dBpoweramp Guru

Brendan,

I do not think this is the RoboRacer. From what I can tell the RoboRacer is a stand alone riopping robot. This Dexterix unit is a disc loading/unloading solution only. It is mounted on top of a CD/DVD duplicator stack and simplay loads discs when needed and unloads them when finished.
    Sorry, my bad. You're absolutely right. I was thinking of the OEM of the roboracer called the..."Dexpreso". You can see why I was confused for a moment?

They did respond to my email, but were simply interested in selling me the unit. I generally avoid purchasing units at retail prices...so I declined.

I wouldn't be too surprised if my "Generic Big Loader - One Bank/Multi-Drives" worked ok or almost worked with this: they claim to have implemented their command set based on what existing duplicator controllers know to tell some of the more common robots. But I've never had one to play with to verify this.

-brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Do you know where or if I could get one of these, any US distributors?

Thanks,

dBpoweramp Guru

Do you know where or if I could get one of these, any US distributors?

Thanks,
    Nope. I've never seen them for sale except direct from the maker.

-brendan