title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Archiving db and dmc on removable media??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebuilt
    • Feb 2003

Archiving db and dmc on removable media??

I'm registered for the burner and power pack, but want to have a working copy off the pc. Getting ready to put in a WD 80 gig 7200. First time I installed, I installed directly, no save. I just repartitioned my 2 drives, and couldn't remember where I had put everything. I ended up with all but the ape install on one drive, that went somewhere else. After spoon correctly diagnosed that one,everything worked perfect. I had them on '''e'', and wanted them back under program files on "c" The setups were in IE Local settings temps, so I moved them all to a single folder, shuffled some other stuff around, uninstalled all, and reinstalled everything. Problem is that now many of the buttons have shifted to the left. In the cdwriter, for instance,the"new" "track" and "deleted" buttons are on top of each other. In the aux input, the power pack button is all but hidden by track box. A sliver still shows, if I drag the mouse over where the power pack button is hiding, it will come into view. In the dmc config screen, the lower left corner is now a jumble of "convert to" "shell integration" and "id tags". I d'led directly to cd, usind direct cd, and have the same problem with those installs too. The search button wont work in my music collection, and the next button is sitting in the scroll box, not to the side of it. Apparently, these programs don't like to be moved. None of the installs that I ran from a saved file worked like the first one. OH, they all work, but I have to hunt around for the buttons. So, with a new hd on its way, how do I archive this collection so I can reinstall it on my new hd. I've tried to dl to a folder, to a cd, and right drag copy whole applications to a new open folder. The results are all the same, a working collection, with out of place buttons. The drop downs never moved, just the buttons. How can I make me an archival copy for my own collection of software?
    Last edited by rebuilt; 02-11-2003, 05:59 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

It is possible it is nothing to do with the moving, but that you have windows set to 'Large Fonts' set it to 'Small fonts' or the default DPI and it will be fine.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>