title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audio properties tab in Windows explorer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TechVsLife
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2007

Audio properties tab in Windows explorer

I noticed that when I right-click a wma or flac lossless file in Windows explorer, I have two tabs:
    "Audio Properties"
    and
    "ID-Tag"
    The "audio properties" tab is blank for all tag values, except it has dbpower amp button on the bottom. The ID-tab has all the tag values.

Is there something wrong with this setup, or is this working by design?

Thanks.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Audio properties tab in Windows explorer

If you are using Vista 64-bit, this is a known bug. I think the fix won't happen until r14, though Spoon would have to verify.

Comment

• TechVsLife
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2007

Thank you. I am using Vista x64 (sorry I forgot to mention that). Hope that it will get fixed in r14.

Originally posted by LtData
      If you are using Vista 64-bit, this is a known bug. I think the fix won't happen until r14, though Spoon would have to verify.

Comment

• MaDxCrEaM
        • Oct 2006

Also happens in Windows XP 64 bit version. Any workarounds atm for this?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Not currently no.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cold_realms
            • Feb 2009

Under Vista x64 AND Windows 7 x64 Build 7000 you can see the audio properties if you try to delete any supported file. I use this work around alot to test the quality of downloaded materials. Just remember to hit CANCEL on the delete window

Comment

• JeremyP
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by cold_realms
              Under Vista x64 AND Windows 7 x64 Build 7000 you can see the audio properties if you try to delete any supported file. I use this work around alot to test the quality of downloaded materials. Just remember to hit CANCEL on the delete window
              Surprise, surprise! Having had the same problem (x64 Vista), I went to one of my directories with flac files in, floated over a file, and got full properties courtesy of dBpoweramp. Doesn't do it for (lossless) wma, but given most of my downloads are flac (initially), that suffices for the moment.

Comment

Working...

]]>