title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Audio properties tab in Windows explorer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Audio properties tab in Windows explorer

I noticed that when I right-click a wma or flac lossless file in Windows explorer, I have two tabs:
    "Audio Properties"
    and
    "ID-Tag"
    The "audio properties" tab is blank for all tag values, except it has dbpower amp button on the bottom. The ID-tab has all the tag values.

Is there something wrong with this setup, or is this working by design?

Thanks.

Re: Audio properties tab in Windows explorer

If you are using Vista 64-bit, this is a known bug. I think the fix won't happen until r14, though Spoon would have to verify.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank you. I am using Vista x64 (sorry I forgot to mention that). Hope that it will get fixed in r14.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    If you are using Vista 64-bit, this is a known bug. I think the fix won't happen until r14, though Spoon would have to verify.

Also happens in Windows XP 64 bit version. Any workarounds atm for this?

Administrator

Not currently no.

Under Vista x64 AND Windows 7 x64 Build 7000 you can see the audio properties if you try to delete any supported file. I use this work around alot to test the quality of downloaded materials. Just remember to hit CANCEL on the delete window

Quote Originally Posted by cold_realms View Post
    Under Vista x64 AND Windows 7 x64 Build 7000 you can see the audio properties if you try to delete any supported file. I use this work around alot to test the quality of downloaded materials. Just remember to hit CANCEL on the delete window
    Surprise, surprise! Having had the same problem (x64 Vista), I went to one of my directories with flac files in, floated over a file, and got full properties courtesy of dBpoweramp. Doesn't do it for (lossless) wma, but given most of my downloads are flac (initially), that suffices for the moment.