title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Using the Multi Encoder codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joethebus
    • Jan 2009

Using the Multi Encoder codec

I have difficulty understanding computer software instructions at the best of times, particularly when MS Windows and music are involved, but try as I might ...

When I try to use the dbPoweramp (multi encoder) codec - I want to store rips on an external hard drive in WAV and on my laptop in MP3 - I get shunted off to a help page whose first line describes it as 'A utility codec that encodes to two or more encoders at the simultaneously, for example Rip and Audio CD to both mp3 and ogg vorbis at the same time.'. My English english speaking brain has clouded over at this, I'm afraid, claiming it's surely gobbledegook. I have tried to read on, but haven't been able to find any info. there that would help me.

I have downloaded the codec, but when I ask it to 'run' it insists I re-install every time, and then refuses to take me anywhere useful.

Could someone very kindly spell out clearly and simply how I might rip to two folders on two separate drives, and whether (and how) I can choose where the files end up? Or perhaps direct me to such instructions.

Sorry to be so dense and such a pain; and thank you for your indulgence.

With best wishes to all for a happy new year!

joethebus
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Using the Multi Encoder codec

After installing the codec I suspect that you need to run the CD Ripper and select the Multi Encoder as the rip to option. Before ripping the CD you will need to configure the codec for use.

ensure that you download the latest beta version.

Comment

• joethebus
      • Jan 2009

Thank you so much, Wayne, kind dude. I could have blundered about in CD Ripper for several more days without figuring that out.

There is a small supplementary - actually two.

When I point the MP3 files at My Music on the laptop each track is scattered separately. Is there a way of making the codec put the whole album in a folder like it does on the external hard drive WAV copy?

Also, do you happen to know whether it is possible to configure Media Monkey to look at the WAV directory and MP3 directory separately?

Excuse the cheek, please, and many, many thanks for sorting me out on the multi encoder.

I have to say, by the way, that I do like the quality of dbPoweramp software very much indeed. The stuff I have ripped sounds glorious on my sound system, and the info/album art tags work brilliantly compared with the others I have tried.

joethebus

Comment

• Kiwi
        • Mar 2008

JTB,

You can specify where to save, and naming conventions of, your music files by selecting the setting box to the right of each of the codecs you are using. Each codec can be configured individually.

Regards,
        Robert

Comment

• Jedi1
          • Jun 2014

Try as I might, I can't get settings that give me anything but each track in the album, instead of just the album or artist title from which I click in a subset, to see the tracks and artists. Help????

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You refer to file naming?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jedi1
              • Jun 2014

Yes...my apologies, I have been out of town becoming a grand dad....

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

I think this might be related to your player, rather than the filenames and how you browse the files on the HDD.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jedi1
                  • Jun 2014

Many Thanks, Spoon.....the file name anomaly I am trying to describe is what the hard drive shows when I simply open it in windows and examine the files. I have only used my player (Bryston BDP-2) player to check sound quality (which is simply remarkable from the AIFF files and very good from the WAV files, so I am so hopeful to resolving this because the ripped files are so musical).

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Can you give an example of what it is showing, and what you would like it to show.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jedi1
                      • Jun 2014

Yes Sir,
                      It is showing a file for each and every song in the album copied. I would like it to show the album name only and allow me to open the file to view the individual songs if desired. The album art is beautiful by the way. Hope this is a logical pursuit and if not, please feel free to direct me on a better path. Thanks again, John.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

This is more a function of your player, dBpoweramp can only write the individual files and correctly tag them, your player should offer to browse by artist >> album, if it does not then look to a different play (or upnp server if using that).
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>