title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

compatibility Win2008, Windows7

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smisk
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2009

compatibility Win2008, Windows7

Has anyone tried running dbPowerAmp ripper (beta or released version) on Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 beta? I am very seriously considering upgrading my desktop to windows server 2008... would like to verify that everything will work beforehand..
  • smisk
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2009

Re: compatibility Win2008, Windows7

Well it seems i have to answer this myself... Running dbPoweramp 13.1 registered reference edition on WinServer 2008 enterprise edition now.

My plextor px40ts uses the scsi-passthrough D8 read command and when i set dbpoweramp to use it it cannot detect any cdrom. So it is not working. I have an adaptec 2940uw scsi controller.

If i set the read command to scsi-passthrough (non-d8) it will not recognize my drive at all.

if i set it to win-internal it will detect the drive correctly but then i guess i can't accuraterip and some other things are also not possible.

I will try tomorrow or so with an Adaptec 19160 controller instead of the 2940uw if i remember correctly what i have in my box of tricks.

andreas

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by smisk
      if i set it to win-internal it will detect the drive correctly but then i guess i can't accuraterip and some other things are also not possible.
      You can probably use accuraterip, but you won't be able to use C2 pointers or cache clearing (if applicable).

-brendan

Comment

• smisk
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2009

Confirmation message: I now installed my Adaptec 29160N controller, and am still unable to rip and even unable to find any cdplayers on my system if I select SCSI passthrough (D8) for my Plextor TS40 in Windows Server 2008, even though I flashed the controller card to the latest firmware.

The same thing still does not work with my 2940UW controller that I mentioned earlier

Since the Plextor TS40 is still considered the reference drive for all serious ripping it would be very nice to have this error fixed in an upcoming version.

(Note that this was working in Windows Vista with the exact same hardware configuration (at least with the AHA-2940UW))

Cheers

Comment

Working...

]]>