title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Key Disk can not be used - for disks in

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jww
    • Jan 2009

Key Disk can not be used - for disks in

I have 5 disks that are found in the accuraterip database

2 of the 6 drives (4-5 year old drives) configure accuraterip just fine and rip these 5 disks with matching accuraterip CRCs (i.e. they are known good disks).

4 of the drives come with the message "The Key Disc can not be used for offset detection (it does not match the one stored in Accurate database).

So now what ?

on www.accuraterip.com web site it says you can configure your drive if you have 3 "Key Discs".

Is any disk in the accurate database a "Key Disc" ?

I assumed that is true and inserted and then removed (one at a time, after the message came out - all 5 discs, and on all 4 drives. They never configured.

How do you configure your drive ?

Some of these drives are listed in the drive data base some are not, here are two that are not:
    Philips DVD8851
    LG GSA-H53L

Please suggest the proper "procedure" these drives and if the 5 CDs that are in the database are not the right CDs, how do I "identify" the proper ones ?

Thanks,

Jww
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Key Disk can not be used - for disks in

For drives not in the database you need to find 3 key discs that do not have multiple pressings stored in the database (in other words keep feeding lots of discs).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jww
      • Jan 2009

Re: Key Disk can not be used - for disks in

Thanks... that was it... 20+ CDs to my first "hit" another 5-10 for the next two.

It would be REALLY helpful if the message would say something like "Not a unique [multiple pressings] key disk" so that you knew that it saw it as a key disk and you have a clue that you need to keep looking.

Jww

Comment

Working...

]]>