title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper tracks stuck at 99%

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheLastMan
    • Sep 2008

CD Ripper tracks stuck at 99%

My CD Ripper installation has suddenly developed a peculiar bug, having worked perfectly for months.

I start ripping a CD using Accurate Rip. Two tracks are ripped and encoded but both stop at 99% and progress no further. Previously it would report the Accurate Rip status and CRC number and move onto the next tracks. Now it just sticks at 99%. This is making the program unusable. Anybody have any idea why this might be?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice to no effect.

Thanks for any help.

[Edit] Further info. The 99% tracks are finalised. Hovering over the file in Windows Explorer shows an information pop up with the Accurate Rip confidence result and a CRC result. So the problem seems to be one of the program not being able to move onto the next track and display the result for some reason.
    Last edited by TheLastMan; 01-04-2009, 12:58 AM.
  • TheLastMan
    • Sep 2008

Sorted - it was the Verify function

This has not caused a problem before, but unticking the "verify" box allowed the program to function normally again. Not sure why this might be.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: Sorted - it was the Verify function

Are you ripping to a local drive or a network drive? What format are you ripping to?

Comment

• Porcus
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TheLastMan
        This has not caused a problem before, but unticking the "verify" box allowed the program to function normally again. Not sure why this might be.
        For how long? With "verify", you will have a temporary uncompressed file, and then dBpoweramp will decode your file and compare it to the temp. This takes time.

Comment

• TheLastMan
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by LtData
          Are you ripping to a local drive or a network drive? What format are you ripping to?
          I am using FLAC. After further thought I am not sure that the "verify" box was ticked before, I may have ticked it by accident - hence the change in behaviour.

The music was being ripped to a Synology 107+ NAS from my PC. Network slowness probably compounded the problem.

Just as a test I ripped a 175 MB track from a CD. Without verify it ripped successfully in about 5 minutes to a 95MB Flac file. With verify enabled I gave up after 20 minutes!

Thanks for the responses anyway!

Comment

• bhoar
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TheLastMan
            The music was being ripped to a Synology 107+ NAS from my PC. Network slowness probably compounded the problem.
            Please add the [Encode Local] utility codec to your profile:

The purpose of Encode Local is to encode files locally (normally to the computers temporary folder), before sending the file to its final location (which could be a network shared folder, such as on a NAS). Why do this? for certain audio formats, such as Ogg vorbis, or FLAC, ID Tags are contained at the beginning of the file,

-brendan

Comment

• TheLastMan
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by bhoar
              Please add the [Encode Local] utility codec to your profile:

The purpose of Encode Local is to encode files locally (normally to the computers temporary folder), before sending the file to its final location (which could be a network shared folder, such as on a NAS). Why do this? for certain audio formats, such as Ogg vorbis, or FLAC, ID Tags are contained at the beginning of the file,

-brendan
              Excellent! Thanks for that, works a treat.

Comment

Working...

]]>