title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper R13.1 - Tag Problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy Price
    • Jan 2009

CD Ripper R13.1 - Tag Problems

Hi

I'm running CD Ripper R13.1 and FLAC encoder Release 12. The rips are fine, but I'm having a few tagging problems.

Album Artist is not saved, Track is not padded to 2 digits, and Track and Disc Counts are not saved. i.e. Track is just saved as a single digit '1' instead of '01/09', and similarly with Disc. I have set the appropriate options in Meta Data and ID Tag Options.

I was running the trial version of R13.0 before registering and everything worked fine. Any ideas?

Many thanks
    Andy
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper R13.1 - Tag Problems

For one of your FLAC files, right click >> Edit ID Tag does dbpoweramp show the correct fields (such as album art)?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Andy Price
      • Jan 2009

Hi

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Now that's weird. I've been using Mp3tag (upgrade recently to v2.42) for tidying up tags across my whole music collection. The new tags from CD Ripper all look OK in EditID-Tag as you suggested, but they don't show up correctly in Mp3Tag. As per my original post, the Track and Disc tags are wrong, and the Album Artist tag is missing. If I correct them and save them in Mp3Tag, they are then all OK. (This didn't used to be a problem with CD Ripper R13.0 and Mp3tag v2.41) Could it be a problem with Mp3tag rather than CD Ripper?

Thanks again,
      Andy

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Open Notepad, then drop a FLAC file onto notepad (select line wrapping), Flac id tags are at the front (vorbis comments), you can compare the tags for disc number for example.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
          Open Notepad, then drop a FLAC file onto notepad (select line wrapping), Flac id tags are at the front (vorbis comments), you can compare the tags for disc number for example.
          Don't save the file from notepad, though!

-brendan

Comment

• Andy Price
            • Jan 2009

OK, there seem to be 2 separate issues here.

Re album artist, the CD Ripper tag is saved as ALBUMARTIST whilst the Mp3Tag version is ALBUM ARTIST (with a space). Actually, both tags are present after Mp3Tag has saved the file. Which is the 'correct' version? Is there a reference where these tags are documented?

As far as the DISCNUMBER and TRACKNUMBER tags are concerned, both are saved by CD Ripper as single digits, ignoring the options selected in Meta Data & ID Tag Options. (but the TOTALDISCS and TOTALTRACKS tags are both present and correct)

Andy

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Not sure which is correct, but to fix the "Album Artist" problem, go into dBpoweramp Configuration (See "Need to find your version?" in my signature below), go to the codecs tab, click "Advanced", then change the setting for FLAC to "Leave as Album Artist".

Comment

• Andy Price
                • Jan 2009

Tried that and album artist problem now fixed. Many thanks.

Now I'm just left with the disc and track number problem. Any ideas?

By the way, the program itself is superb, and the support on this forum amazing! (Just thought I'd mention it :smile2

Andy

Comment

• gldr
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by LtData
                  Not sure which is correct, but to fix the "Album Artist" problem, go into dBpoweramp Configuration (See "Need to find your version?" in my signature below), go to the codecs tab, click "Advanced", then change the setting for FLAC to "Leave as Album Artist".
                  R&T reads Album artist in the ensemble tag not ablum artist tag......

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

>both tags are present after Mp3Tag has saved the file. Which is the 'correct' version?
                    > Is there a reference where these tags are documented?

If you have a Sonos or Logitech Duet they bot read ALBUMARTIST, hence our change.

>As far as the DISCNUMBER and TRACKNUMBER tags are concerned, both are saved by >CD Ripper as single digits, ignoring the options selected in Meta Data & ID Tag Options.
                    >(but the TOTALDISCS and TOTALTRACKS tags are both present and correct)

Totaldiscs and totaltracks are correct as the most used standard for FLAC (programs such as foobar and the afore mentioned network players).
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Andy Price
                      • Jan 2009

OK, thanks for the reply, so just to be clear then, the following options in Meta Data & ID Tag Options are all ignored by the latest version of the FLAC Encoder:
                      • Track number without track count
                      • Pad track number to 2 digits
                      • Disc number without disc count
                      • Pad disc number fo 2 digits

Am I understanding correctly?

Thanks again,
                      Andy

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Those options are for the naming of filenames, not ID tags (where say wma tagging might store it as an integer, rather than a string).
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>