title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Frequency Of AccurateRip data update

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Frequency Of AccurateRip data update

Just a quick question

I've ripped a CD or two on my AccurateRip configured NEC ND-3100A DVD+RW Drive and submitted my AccturateRip results (as the CDs weren't in the Database).

I then installed Widnows Vista on my PC (from XP) and reinstalled dMC and tried ripping those CDs in order to reconfigure AccurateRip. However, they aren't coming up as being a AccurateRip key disc.

How often is the database updated (It's been almost a week now)? I was under the impression that they get added to the database as soon as they're submitted.

I've gotten some CDs for Christmas and want to Rip them (with AccurateRip) but can't as my drive won't configure. I know that previously when AccurateRip was configured the value WAS +48 as listed for my drive in the AccurateRip Drive Offsets list. If only there was a way to manually enter the AccurateRip Drive offset value in the registry somewhere.
    Last edited by Salem874; 12-26-2008 at 09:18 AM.

Administrator

Re: Frequency Of AccurateRip data update

Once every 2-3 months, AccurateRip is nothing like freedb, to recalculate the database takes one week of computer time.

As I understand it, a cd ripped and transmitted to accurate rip database doesn't mean it's a key disc.
    Just feed the player some popular cd's and eventually it will configure.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Once every 2-3 months, AccurateRip is nothing like freedb, to recalculate the database takes one week of computer time.
    Ah thanks for clarifying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerman View Post
    As I understand it, a cd ripped and transmitted to accurate rip database doesn't mean it's a key disc...
    Oh ok. Spoon could you confirm this please? And if it's correct, what are the requirements for a disc submitted to AccurateRip for it to become a Key Disc? I was under the impression that once as disc has been submitted to accurate rip and included in the database, that you could then use that disc to configure AccurateRip.

Administrator

If there are multiple pressings then verfication of the disc is required.

It would be nice if the date of the last update is mentioned on the accurate rip homepage.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerman View Post
    It would be nice if the date of the last update is mentioned on the accurate rip homepage.
    Agreed

+1 for me