title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Frequency Of AccurateRip data update

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Salem874
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2006

Frequency Of AccurateRip data update

Just a quick question

I've ripped a CD or two on my AccurateRip configured NEC ND-3100A DVD+RW Drive and submitted my AccturateRip results (as the CDs weren't in the Database).

I then installed Widnows Vista on my PC (from XP) and reinstalled dMC and tried ripping those CDs in order to reconfigure AccurateRip. However, they aren't coming up as being a AccurateRip key disc.

How often is the database updated (It's been almost a week now)? I was under the impression that they get added to the database as soon as they're submitted.

I've gotten some CDs for Christmas and want to Rip them (with AccurateRip) but can't as my drive won't configure. I know that previously when AccurateRip was configured the value WAS +48 as listed for my drive in the AccurateRip Drive Offsets list. If only there was a way to manually enter the AccurateRip Drive offset value in the registry somewhere.
    Last edited by Salem874; 12-26-2008, 01:18 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Frequency Of AccurateRip data update

Once every 2-3 months, AccurateRip is nothing like freedb, to recalculate the database takes one week of computer time.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tigerman
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Mar 2005

As I understand it, a cd ripped and transmitted to accurate rip database doesn't mean it's a key disc.
      Just feed the player some popular cd's and eventually it will configure.

Comment

• Salem874
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
        Once every 2-3 months, AccurateRip is nothing like freedb, to recalculate the database takes one week of computer time.
        Ah thanks for clarifying that.

Originally posted by Tigerman
        As I understand it, a cd ripped and transmitted to accurate rip database doesn't mean it's a key disc...
        Oh ok. Spoon could you confirm this please? And if it's correct, what are the requirements for a disc submitted to AccurateRip for it to become a Key Disc? I was under the impression that once as disc has been submitted to accurate rip and included in the database, that you could then use that disc to configure AccurateRip.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If there are multiple pressings then verfication of the disc is required.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tigerman
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Mar 2005

It would be nice if the date of the last update is mentioned on the accurate rip homepage.

Comment

• Salem874
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Tigerman
              It would be nice if the date of the last update is mentioned on the accurate rip homepage.
              Agreed

Comment

• BugsBunny
                • Aug 2008

+1 for me

Comment

Working...

]]>