title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

What provider has >=500x500 album art?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hobizal
    • Dec 2008

What provider has >=500x500 album art?

I have dBp set to 500x500, but every time I rip a CD, it gets different results for the album art. On my last CD it had 310x310 and a few CD's before that I got 500x500. Is there a setting that I've overlooked that will make it always get 500x500 or greater?
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: What provider has >=500x500 album art?

non of the available providers consistently offer 500x500.

Comment

• Hobizal
      • Dec 2008

So does it grab the largest size available, or does the program default to a certain provider for album art?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

I believe it grabs the biggest size it can.

Comment

• bhoar
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Hobizal
          So does it grab the largest size available, or does the program default to a certain provider for album art?
          There are only two providers for album art with dbpoweramp: AMG and GD3.

I would guess the vast majority of users do not sign up with GD3, but some do. In the CD Ripper, AMG usage is unlimited (other than the yearly relicense), but GD3 is still a per lookup payment.

If you have enabled both, I am not sure what is done when album art shows up with both (assuming Perfectmeta is enabled and you've allowed what I call "fall-through" which means the second pay service is queried after a match is found in the first...and you are charged for GD3 in the CD Ripper or both if using the batch ripper).

Spoon?

-brendan
          Last edited by bhoar; 12-20-2008, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

>AMG usage is unlimited (other than the yearly relicense), but GD3 is still a per lookup payment.

Not in CD Ripper, GD3 is also included with AMG.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
              >AMG usage is unlimited (other than the yearly relicense), but GD3 is still a per lookup payment.

Not in CD Ripper, GD3 is also included with AMG.
              Oh! How'd I miss that fact?

I spent an unsuccessful 15 minutes earlier to looking for the login fields for GD3 in the cd ripper. Now I know why I can't find them...

Perhaps I am just a tad too batch ripper focused sometimes...

-brendan

Comment

• Hobizal
                • Dec 2008

There is really an active and helpful community of people on here! Thanks everyone for your answers! It's always nice to see a program backed by their users and developers!

Comment

• MusicTrax
                  • Feb 2007

The best free source I've found for high-res (600x600) CD cover art is http://www.albumartexchange.com.

You have to download the art and add it manually, however, so you can't use it automatically with CD Ripper. Also, the number of CDs available isn't that big yet, but the members there appear to be pretty dedicated.

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

If you download the art, or even just copy it to your clipboard, you can click the "+" sign by the area the album art shows and click "From Clipboard".

Comment

• sjmac
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Aug 2008

But it looks soooooo much better if I scan it myself at 600dpi in to PhotoShop Elements, adjust the black and white levels, then the saturation, (ooo - and again - that's better), healing brush to get rid of that crease, crop a perfect square, resize to 500x500 using bicubic resampling, a touch of unsharp mask, then use "save for web" to strip off headers for a small file size.

That also means I get the same version of the cover as I have on my CDs, but on the other hand it has kind of slowed down my cd ripping workflow. I should be finished some time in 2023 ...

:blush:

Comment

Working...

]]>