title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unconnected/Transfer question?

Unconnected/Transfer question?

Hi,

I've just got the Ref. version at home but want to rip hundreds of CDs onto my laptop while away at work for 2 weeks at a time.

Can I transfer them to my home PC and AccurateRip, PerfectMeta them later? (I have no net connection while away - very remote worksite)

Also, it won't let me just rip CDs one after the other without inputting some info. 'Album' or 'Artist' etc. It just comes back with 'track1 etc. exists, overwrite?' Is there a way round this? Many of the CDs i've brought with me have no clue on them as to what they are and they're all in a travel wallet, I also don't want to put possibly incorrect info. in that may conflict with PerfectMeta later (or does the info. from Perfect Meta overwrite anything I input?)

Last one - is there anywhere I can download a Poweramp 'guide' As you may be able to tell I am less than up to date with my PC skills and would like to learn a few tricks n tips without having to run back to the forum with dumbass questions every 5 minutes.

Thanks in advance for your help, hopefully when (if!?) I get up and running I can contribute a bit more
    Cheers.

Re: Unconnected/Transfer question?

In regards to the guide, it has been discussed writing one for a while, but nothing has came of it.

When you are ripping CDs that shows up "track1, track2", do you have a net connection then?

dMC can only rip CDs and apply AccurateRip and PerfectMeta at the time of the rip.

No, I don't have any connection when ripping - it's done on my laptop at a minesite in the middle of the desert, no cable, no wireless.

I guess i'll have to leave the idea (PerfectMeta is essential) Hopefully the wife won't mind TOO much doing them all herself while i'm away - (cue large bunch of flowers)

I have already installed but not configured the Ref version at home but have seen a few posts here about people having problems configuring Accuraterip - what is required

You need to keep putting discs in and letting the CD Ripper read them. If the disc can be used to configure AccurateRip, it will ask you if you want to configure it.

Cheers LtData,

Am flying home in the morning so will get everything rolling over the weekend.
    Any other set up tips or tricks I might find handy?

Is it possible to set it up so that upon placing a CD in the drive, poweramp will be in Compilation mode (majority of my CDs) and then will Rip, AccurateRip, PerfectMeta and eject all in one - i'd like to make it as easy as possible for my wife who is even less tech savvy than me!

Thankyou