title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Why won't Player see FLAC files??

Why won't Player see FLAC files??

I am completely new to dbpoweramp, going by recommendations. I am primarily interested in ripping and playing FLACs.

I am finding the documentation to be incredibly unclear and basically non-existent. I have downloaded and installed the Converter, which seems to contain the Ripper and Converter and all that. I have also downloaded and installed the Player. Finally, I downloaded and installed the FLAC codec.

I ripped a CD to FLAC with apparent success, but for some reason My Music Collection and the Player don't see the FLAC files. They play MP3 files fine, but the new FLACs are totally invisible. In fact, it doesn't even mention FLACs under the File Type Associations dialogue, and it seems like the Player has no idea that FLAC is even a possible format, despite the fact that the Ripper successfully ripped straight from CD to FLAC.

Why is the Player not seeing them? Do I need to register and pay ahead of time even though I'm in the free trial period? What am I missing here?????

I am very confused and frustrated. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by brianz; 11-30-2008 at 07:10 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Why won't Player see FLAC files??

Brianz, there is a bit of a stumbling block with the player! Firstly, I hope you have installed the player in a separate folder from the converter et al - if not, please do so. Having done that, you must go to Codec Central, then Legacy Codecs, and download the Flac codec from there. Then, instal the codec into the [U]player[U]folder being very caeful to ignore the popup information which says there is a newer version of the flac codec on your computer. Then you will find the player will recognise your flac files. Good listening - Tony

Quote Originally Posted by petriburg View Post
    Brianz, there is a bit of a stumbling block with the player! Firstly, I hope you have installed the player in a separate folder from the converter et al - if not, please do so. Having done that, you must go to Codec Central, then Legacy Codecs, and download the Flac codec from there. Then, instal the codec into the [U]player[U]folder being very caeful to ignore the popup information which says there is a newer version of the flac codec on your computer. Then you will find the player will recognise your flac files. Good listening - Tony
    Wow, seems to finally work. Thanks!!