title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Synchronize tags between different file formats

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rabrown
    • Nov 2008

Synchronize tags between different file formats

I have an archive library in FLAC format and an mp3 library ripped using the batch converter into a parallel directory structure. If I later need to update the tags on one or more flac files is it possible to then synchronize the tag changes to the mp3 files and if so how? Thanks in advance.

Richard
  • skeediddley
    • Oct 2009

Re: Synchronize tags between different file formats

I too would love to know if this is possible.

I have a library of music in 24 bit WAV format with no Tags, and then the exact same library in MP3 320 format with all the metadata in the correct places. I would wish to transfer the metadata back in to the Wav files.

I know Dbpoweramp does succesfully writetag info into wavs (BEXT?), so it would be great to sync metadata bewteen formats.

Anyone got an ingenious workaround?

Comment

• skeediddley
      • Oct 2009

Has anyone succesfully done this?

I tried exporting to a csv, and then importing - but that failed.

Any ideas?

Comment

• hopsta
        • Aug 2009

I would love to do this too. I have 3 formats (FLAC, MP3 320, MP3 130 vbr) so changing 3 tags would be a nightmare.

Maybe someone else will be able to come up with a better solution...but at the moment all I do is make sure I get it right in the first place lol
        That way I should never need to update the tags lol

Sorry I could be of much more help

Comment

Working...

]]>