title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Quemaster error

Quemaster error

Hello,
    can't get quemaster to run; I receive the following error:

AppName: quemaster.exe AppVer: 1.5.0.79 ModName: kernel32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 00012aeb

There's also a reference to error report, but no idea where it goes, or what the
    C:\DOCUME~1\EK\LOCALS~1\Temp\a419_appcompat.txt that will supposedly accompany the error report, means.

The same thing happens with the 1.5 version, extracted from the zip file, as well as with the previous two versions installed from their .exe files (after uninstalling 1.5 of course). I tried to download two of the older versions, to see if it would help, but no dice. In other words, the program just does not work on my XP, service pack 3.

Anyone has any trick to get it to start?
    Regards Emil

Re: Quemaster error

What version of dAP do you have installed?

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    What version of dAP do you have installed?
    Release 3 beta 6

sorry for such a late reply, and I'm even more sorry not to have any specific ideas about how to help.
    the porgram was not tested on service pack 3, so I am not sure if that is the problem.
    maybe I can dig out an even older version, but I am not sure if that would help.

I would have to check, but as far I as remember the latest versions don't touch the registry, and even before they didn't write anything into it.

Maybe you should check the [username]_qmxxx.ini files. Try backing them up, then deleteing them and then try to run qm. maybe there is somethign wrong with the settings.
    I would maybe recomend trying out the 1.4 version, since in 1.5 there is support for Text to speech engines, which could maybe cause problems. Not sure about that. The 1.4 version uses the [username]_qm1_3.ini file.

A trivial question, but I have to check just in case, is this all installed in the same folder as dbpoweramp player?

Hope some of this could prove to be useful. I'll be around here more often to check....