title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: TEAC Troubleshooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy TEAC Troubleshooting

My TEAC drive which I’ve only had for a couple of weeks won’t eject the CD. I’ve ripped approximately 50 CD’s with no ejection problems. This is the first & only problem I've had. I’ve tried using the Eject & Cancel button in the RIPNAS software. I’ve tried pressing the small button on the TEAC itself. I’ve used a paperclip in the small eject port. I’ve disconnected and reconnected both the power & the USB. When I attempt to explore the drive contents using Explorer, it shows there is no disk in the drive. I’ve rebooted WHS too. When I click the eject buttons I can hear the TEAC respond & I can hear what appears to be the mechanism that would normally eject the CD, but it won’t come out. It did rip the contents though.

Wondering if anyone has had this problem & if so, how they resolved it.

Thanks in advance.

PS – Setting aside this most recent & sudden problem, overall I’ve been very happy with the product & the results.

Administrator

Re: TEAC Troubleshooting

I have your email, just not had chance to respond today.

I will look into this with the manufacturer to see if there is a method of extracting a disc which is stuck.

The disc that is stuck, is there anything special about it? such as has a sticker on it?

No labels or anything unusual that I'm aware of. It's a comercial CD. I've listened to this CD plenty of times in other players & never had a problem ejecting it.

Smile Re: TEAC Troubleshooting

Spoon, not sure why, but some combination of reboots, button pressing, etc have ejected the disc. Everything appears to be working again. I'm carefully examining the disc to see if there is anything wrong with it & will obviously monitor & listen carefully to the drive. For now I'm back in business.

If you celebrate it - Happy Thanksgiving! :smile2:

Administrator

Goodnews

For now I would not put that same disc back in the drive. Only different discs.