title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset uPNP & DLNA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset uPNP & DLNA

You can add new tag items to the database and the browse tree,

artist,5,NVARCHAR(200)

NVARCHAR(200)= this gives a hint to the database of the maximum length
    ,5, = tells that item can contain multiples, ie multiple genres. ,0, is no multiples.

Add as many as you like, it will not stress the server.

RE your SET question: I think the 2nd one would need to be written.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Update to 0.96

A minor issue with 0.95 was discovered (bad xml) which stopped WMP11 from connecting. All users are recommended to update to 0.96.

Download as first message.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Neptuni
        • Dec 2008

Hi again,

A small PS3 status report:

No communication protocol errors anymore
        Meny item visible, but reports "no files"
        After selecting a meny item, a new meny item appears...
        After getting in and out in (A-Z) meny an artist starting with A appears.
        After som meny in/out a complete album is visible with album art and song names etc.
        If I choice a song it is played after a 5-10 sec delay, as a PCM stream with 44100 Hz sample rate.

So in the end I can listening on songs from one album with album art, and it sounds great!

But the meny handling is terrible and no useful at the moment...

One final remark, the server is still scanning the music library, so the behavour above is during library build process.

Thanks for your hard work!

/Mikael

Comment

• bsd107
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
          Asset UPnP v0.95
          Status: PS3 - almost works, needs more time (PS3 is far from UPnP compliant if you ask me, special code needs writing just for PS3). It will be r1.5 before the PS3 is supported fully.
          I really appreciate the extra focus on PS3 compatibility. This is extremely important for some of us (including me). The PS3 is a top notch videophile gadget which is why I bought one (HDMI, Blu-Ray video, excellent upscaling DVD, upsampled audio CD's, SACD playback) - compatability with a great UPnP server is the only thing it's lacking. Looking forward to "r1.5"!

(BTW, dbPoweramp Reference is an excellent product - if one of the few pieces of software that I found to be indispenable and purchased after the trial period was over. I continue to recommend it to others.)

Comment

• dvdr
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2008

Hi Spoon

just to let you and others know, that my experiments with

IF genre=piano
            SET subgenre=piano
            IF genre=piano
            SET genre=classical

don't work with batchripper. (NO complaint, just letting you know, that I failed... )

The reason seems to be:
            a.) Batchripper itself cannot create a new ID-Tag value (in this case "subgenre") by itself
            b.) Batchripper cannot access an empty "custom" ID-Tag value created in CD-Rippers configuration

For those, who ask "what is he doing?":
            There is this option in CD-Ripper to create custom ID-Tag-values. In my experiment, I thought I'd create a custom field "subgenre", which of course I need to leave empty, since I want it not to have a fixed value, but it should be filled out for each disks individually. But: leaving the tag's value empty, the field will not show up in CD-Rippers ID-Tag-mask at the bottom of the screen (Can't fill it out, tag is not written to the file, since it is empty). So I guess, BatchRipper neither can "see" this empty tag-field nor "fill it out".

I tried another way, too: I created this custom ID-Tag "subgenre" and filled it out with the value <empty> or "not assigned" in CD-Rippers custom ID-Tag configuration. This tag will then be written to the file by CD-Ripper, but Batchripper will not be able to overwrite it.

So: there's no way to add manipulations for custom tags when using Batch-Ripper. You can only do it completely manually by using CD-Ripper with single discs and adding a new tag and its value manually in the "ID-Tag-Mask" for each disk anew. In other words: there also is no way to create something like a list of new values showing up in CD-Rippers "ID-Tag-Mask", that you quickly can assign values to. You must create/add those additional ID-Tags anew every time in CD-Ripper.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Re: Asset uPNP &amp; DLNA

Perhaps the editing of this file is causing the crash you are seeing in Batch Ripper (mentiond in another thread)?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dvdr
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Sep 2008

Hi Spoon

Thanks for pointing that out! With all other Drives, that work in the MiniCubis, that configuration did not produce a crash, but one never knows... I'll try to cut that configuration and see, what happens.

Comment

• marty
                  • Jan 2009

Hi,

I'm also testing with PS3.

As Neptuni wrote after in/out of some menus new menus will appear.

In Music-menu of PS3 direct under Asset server I got a Compilation folder with all Album folders in and if I go in/out an album the first song will appear as folder with no title in.

Also direct under Asset server I got a No folder with all the songs from all albums in alphabetical order in.
                  Wave-files with interpreted tags!!!!! Thank you spoon.

I tested with 4 Artists with 5 Albums (49 songs) that are all wave-files with 44,1kHz.

I really hope you can fix the menu problems, now it's usefull for only a shuffle through all the songs.

I have also one question: I only got PCM with 48kHz out of the ps3 (optical output), why this? the wave-files are 44,1kHz

Greetings
                  Martin

Comment

• Mutombo
                    • Jan 2009

HI,

I've intalled 0.96 on my WHS as a service but no device can't see the Asset Server - although the processes are running.

Whether LinnGUI nor any Vista client nor PlugPlayer can see the server.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
                    TD

Comment

• Ratty
                      • Jan 2009

Sonos

Intrigued by the thread on the Sonos forum http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=11671 I thought I'd give this a try.

Having installed 0.96 I can echo the findings of the poster there, namely that only tracks can be added individually to the Sonos Controller's queue: nodes further up the browse tree do not offer the Add option.

In addition, artwork does not display when playing (though oddly it does appear in the mouseover tooltip when browsing).

The other point relates to the option setting, which is very awkward. Maybe this is a limitation of the Sonos UI but the fact is that double-clicking an option has no immediate visible effect. It's when the controller and/or the Asset server is restarted that the options appear with modified checkmarks.

Comment

• Mike Harris
                        • Jan 2009

Ratty

I agree with all your comments, my thoughts would be to take the settings out as options as I have managed to break playback on several occasions just because I cannot help but play with the settings.

Hopefully Spoon will manage to sort out the issue with adding albums and whole trees of music to the queue in the near future, as it does make it hard to add music even if it is easy to find it.

Not sure if you have noticed as well, if you close the software and re-start it anything in the queue refuses to play. I guess this rules out the ability to save playlists etc for the moment. It is early days remember, it has come on in leaps and bounds over the last couple of weeks since I found it. Spoon has done a tremendous job with it. What is great is that is takes so little memory and processor resources. I may even have to buy a WHS server as I don't really like serving from my PC. I much prefer to run this type of software on my NAS and if we can't have a Linux version, then I may have to defect... only after washing my mouth out with soap first :D

Mike

Comment

• Neptuni
                          • Dec 2008

Hi,

I just installed the latest update to PlugPlayer on my Ipod Touch, and now the cover art shows up when playing, perfect!

I will install asset 0.96 and test with the PS3 now, returning with comments soon...

Thanks!

/Mikael

Comment

• Neptuni
                            • Dec 2008

Hi,

Testing on my PS3, and the result are the same as before, odd behavour with menys, but playing songs in the end.

I found another uPnP player in my home (forgot that it could uPnP), an Argon Inet reciever, it connects and displays the menys correctly, but they are all empty.

/Mikael

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

>I have also one question: I only got PCM with 48kHz out of the ps3 (optical output), why this? the wave-files are 44,1kHz

@marty: Very common, many devices can only work with 48KHz, with sound cards on your PC you normally have to set an option which says the device is compatible with 44KHz.

@Mutombo: do you hae any security software on your WHS? if you do it will block asset and not ask to let it through (as it runs as a service), normally add asset-upnp.exe to the safe list.

>Sonos: I agree with all your comments, my thoughts would be to take the settings out as >options as I have managed to break playback on several occasions just because I >cannot help but play with the settings.

For R1.5 there will be 3 Asset upnp servers listed - Asset: [comp] Asset: [comp] WAVE Asset: [comp] LPCM

This will allow the choosing of a end format compatible with your device, rather than going into the options.

>start it anything in the queue refuses to play.

Yes as the IP port addresses change, UPnP spec does support a playlist structure which is built up by the player.

RE PS3: we will get back to it in the next 3 weeks (also you will find the PS3 does not find new tracks..)
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mike Harris
                                • Jan 2009

Spoon

This all sounds very promising.
                                Good feedback as always.

Mike

Comment

Working...