title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset uPNP & DLNA

Administrator

Re: Asset uPNP & DLNA

At the moment multiple [artists/composers, etc] are not yet done, they are being added as we speak. Also the SSDP crash might be fixed by the next release (0.9)...and many more nice options

About multiples, it is difficult, lets say for one Album there is a composer: XYZ; 123 (ie 2 composers), the way we will implement it is the 2nd composer 123 will list seperately if browsing by composer, rather than XYZ; 123

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon - this is perfect as always :-)

The last Version 0.8beta dosent work on my T+A.

Marek

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon

another observation during testing Asset uPNP:

Multidisk-Albums are not recognized and/or displayed and properly sorted
    All over sudden, I got entries of album artists in front of titles
    Albums with the same name, but different album artists contain files from all artists (Spoon, you are already aware of that...)
    Caveat: not sure, whether my indexing is following all the official rules, so please take this with a grain of salt and correct me, where I am using a wrong path...

Here are the details:

- Setup: uPNP 0.8b, Kinsky-Software from oss.linn.co.uk, Linn DS Player
    - Ripping a 12 disc set "Brahms chamber music (complete)" using Batchripper
    - Ending up with several folders and the music, according to returned Music-Database results - some of the discs were not properly recognized to be part of that special disc-set but assigned with the album titles and album-art of the original first issues of the discs. I knew, this was most likely to happen, so I manually corrected the following:

changing Album: "Brahms chamber music (complete)" for all albums, assign "album artist" for each single disc (not, if 2 concertos with different artists/groups are on a single disc, then only artist values are present)
    Number each disc with Disc-ID-Tag "x/12". The batch ripper result did not mark the discs as part of a compilation, I left that untouched in the beginning.

Browsing albums, the following happens:

- I get one entry "Brahms chamber music (complete)" PLUS
    several entries "Brahms chamber music (complete) [Album Artist]".
    - When browsing into these choices, I get a complete listing of all ~90 tracks. They are identical in all cases, so even a folder "Brahms chamber music (complete) [Novo Trio]" shows all other entries of the other album artists
    - Futhermore, these tracks are sorted numerically, not by disc/tracknumber: all first tracks of each disc are listed first, then all second tracks etc.
    - Also, this listing does not contain the track title first, but in front of the track title, the an album artist is displayed. Never saw that before...

I then manually assigneda "compilation=1"-ID-value to all files.

Now, I did not have any "Brahms chamber music (complete) [Album Artist]" entries anymore, just "Brahms chamber music (complete)".
    But the above mentioned problem with the display persisted:
    - tracks were sorted numerically, not by disc/tracknumber
    - also, I still had an Album Artist in front of each title, so couldn't see the title

I then also deleted all "Album Artist" entries, only left the track artist entries

- Still, tracks were sorted numerically, not by disc/tracknumber
    - IIrc, I now had an track-artist entry in front of each title

As I said: I am not 100% sure, whether what I was doing was completely complying with any official sorting/indexing rules. I thought, if I had an album consisting of several CDs, but with the same album title, then I browse to the album, and Disc 1, track 1, 2, 3,.... 10 are listed, followed by Disc 2, track 1, 2, 3, etc...

Administrator

Big Update to 0.9 beta - download as first message

when returning a path (track or folder) have a string list and return au1, au2, au3, au4 for speed - au as object ids of 13 or 7 sent anyhow by xbox
    sonos compatible - through rhapsody (yet to test)
    added LPCM forced streaming option
    added MediaExcludeExts.txt file which is extensions excluded from library (ie .wav)
    added special option to the browse tree {_no_track_list_} which stops the track listing, for example:

Title{_no_track_list_}
    Title\[A to Z]\Title

The above will allow the selection A-Z of titles without having the track listing prior to selecting A-Z

Added special option to the browse tree {_sort_year_} which lists tracks or albums by the release year, for example:

Title{_sort_year_}

Added new tree items sorting the albums by release year:

Advanced Search\Album by Release
    Advanced Search\Album by Release\[A to Z]
    Advanced Search\Album by Release\[A to Z]\Album by Release
    Advanced Search\Artist by Release
    Advanced Search\Artist by Release\[A to Z]
    Advanced Search\Artist by Release\[A to Z]\Artist by Release
    Advanced Search\Artist by Release\[A to Z]\Artist by Release\Album by Release
    Advanced Search\Artist by Release\Album by Release
    Advanced Search\Contributing Artists

multiples handled - artists, genres, etc
    Added option to show contributing artists in main artist listing

Upgrading from previous beta

Uninstall Asset UPnP, reboot computer, browse to:

%appdata%\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary\

and delete all files (if on Windows Home Server then delete all in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary

Then install new beta. )

Administrator

@dvdr

If you can try this new version and report any issues (much has changed).

Code wise we are feature rich for a release, just have to extend compatibility and remove any left over bugs.

PS3 Support

Anyone with a PS3 please test this new version.

Hi!

A respons to 0.9 beta version:

Plugplayer on Ipod working nice as before (using flac files).

PS3:

Still protocol error -1 and no music files listed.
    utf-8 problem in servername solved, now וצה displayed as it should be:smile2:

But no music available to be streamed.

/Mikael

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi
    thanks for 0.9b - first, quick impression: big problem when browsing using "genre"

When I use the browsing path genre -album, whatever album I click on, I do get ALL titles of the chosen genre displayed, whatever artist and whatever album they are from, they all are displayed together
    When I use the browsing path genre - artist, I do get the option to browse into the albums of the chosen artist. Inside, ALL albums of the genre are listed,whatever artist they are from.

When NOT using "genre" as a starting point, but starting with artists or albums, this does not seem to happen.

Just a quick first impression, don't have the time to investigate further, but will do so asap...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon,

the above posted issue with multi-disk-Albums remains with 0.9b.
    Will report more asap.

Administrator

I will look into the genre and other issues,

Illustrate now have a PS3, so when not busy playing games will fix PS3 support (I have looked at it and boy does the PS3 do wierd things!).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Illustrate now have a PS3, so when not busy playing games will fix PS3 support (I have looked at it and boy does the PS3 do wierd things!).
    Congrats on your new toy, er, I mean, target platform!

-brendan

Should the library building work with music files that are stored on a server? I tried using both UNC paths and mounting the share on the machine running Asset.

In both cases, I can observe uMediaLibrary scan the folder hierarchy on the share, but, once that's done, the library appears to be empty.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon

one of the things I love most with Asset uPNP is, that I can implement any custom requirements easily into the configuration.

In doing so, I would like to add some user-defined tag-elements to the database such as subgenre, orchestra, label etc. that I'd like to have for my personal way of indexing music.
    Now, looking into the appropriate config-file, I do find a line-by-line configuration of the tag-elements. You introduce two variables, that I don't understand: one is a number (either a '0' or a '5'), the other is called navchar (numerical value). What purpose do they serve, how must I use them with custom tag-elements?
    Are there any caveats in adding custom tags to the database other than I have to start from scratch, delete the current database and have to reindex?
    Would I have to be careful how many elements to add to not "stress" the server-process too much?

Another question (regarding "subgenre"):
    I can add a tag-value as a userdefined value in CD-Ripper. Let's create one called 'subgenre'. That way, I could later on search by either wider or more narrowed down genres to my liking by just adjusting the browsing-configuration to my needs.
    Now, in Batch-Ripper, there are additional possibilities for tag-manipulation.
    Can I do the following:

IF genre=piano
    SET genre=classical
    IF genre=piano
    SET subgenre=piano

Or would I have to write it in another order

IF genre=piano
    SET subgenre=piano
    IF genre=piano
    SET genre=classical

or can't I process "IF/SET" two times in a row in that situation? Would that "subgenre"-Tag be written anyway (I don't know, whether Batch-Ripper could write data into a value configured manually in CD-Ripper).

Thanks!

The last Version 0.9beta dosent work on my T+A.

Marek

Administrator

Asset UPnP v0.95

Download as first message.

This is the last developmental release, before we release v1 of Asset.

Status: PS3 - almost works, needs more time (PS3 is far from UPnP compliant if you ask me, special code needs writing just for PS3). It will be r1.5 before the PS3 is supported fully.

Changes:

Bug fix: wrong audio type supplied in file header
    LPCM audio details supplied in mime type
    Genre >> Album Fix
    Conductor added to Advanced Search > Conductor