title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Asset uPNP & DLNA

Administrator

Re: Asset uPNP & DLNA

Yes the XP version.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon

I would like to make a suggestion:
    since you provided us with this great configuration utility - could you incorporate something to also let us add userdefined database-entries to index them & thus make them available for the search-tree?
    With the new GD3 tags you provide, I would for example love to be able to search/sort for conductor or orchestra. Or, if I personally wold love to see a tag like lyricist or something else indexed, I could add these to the database and the search tree.
    I know, that this can be done by hand by editing the configuration files, but being incorporated in the configuration utility would be very handy....

Thanks!

Administrator

You can type which eve value you want for 'Selected Name', just not allowing the edting of the database easily as it is possible with that to mess things up.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks for the answer -would YOU consider then to maybe add a few values to the database, maybe those, that the enhanced GD3 returns and/or orchestra, lyricist, movement, conductor etc.?

Administrator

Not by default, currently no.

I currently have Asset uPNP set-up and working on a Vista x64 machine.
    WMP on the same PC can see the Asset uPNP fine and works OK.

Another PC (XP) running XBMC cannot see the Asset uPNP server but can see the Windows Media Server one.

I have a new NMT (Networked Media Tank) device HDX1000, that can see the Asset uPNP server, but comes up blank when you select it as the source.
    The device also sees the Windows Media Server uPNP from the same PC and can drill into and see and play all content OK.

The NMT is suppose to be DLNA certified.

I've tried with and without Windows Media share services running and not running along side Asset uPNP, but no luck either way. Same thing with diabling all firewalls.

Any ideas what's ups?

Thanks,

Tim

Administrator

Administrator

Please note if using a beta version, uninstall, then install the Final R1 of asset (the upgrade button in 0.99 WHS console, will not upgrade to R1).