title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset uPNP & DLNA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crichardso
    • Mar 2009

Re: Asset uPNP & DLNA

Hi everybody i am having an issue i was hoping some one might be able to shine some light on. I am using asset on XP my music is stored on a SAN and mounted in windows as a network drive via smb. I have added the drive letter that is mounted to asset but it does not apear to scan it. If i add a local drive it works fine. Here are some things i have tried I have made a smaller drive thing the size might make it freak out or the amount of music is to much so I have made a 1gig drive and copied 1 cd to it with out any luck. I think it has to do with the way windows handles network drives i think if i made an iscsi drive and formated/copy some music on it it would work but i have not tried this yet .. Has anyone tried or run into anything like this?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

@Mike - you have to install asset to:

%programfiles%\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\

which is the default path for it to work as a service. I will note in the help. Sonos is taking longer than expected.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• crichardso
        • Mar 2009

So i tested adding a drive that is an iscsi lun from my san and Asset scanned the dir and added the music.. So does any one know why asset does not like "network drives" like window shares?

Comment

• Mike Harris
          • Jan 2009

Spoon

Many thanks for the reply, I have mine stored on d:\db poweramp. I will remove this and re-install it to the default folder. Good luck with the Sonos work, it is going to make Asset by far the best server UPNP server out there (for Sonos and pretty much all other music streamers).

Regards

Looking

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Asset runs as a service, you would have to make sure that the network could be accessed by the service account of Windows, because if you specify a user name and password for your normal account, it is just for that normal account.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rudolf
              • Feb 2009

Hi Spoon,
              Asset uPNP 0.99 - Linn-GUI Bute/Details/Library Details:
              - it would be lovely to see the library's path[s]
              Rescan (refresh all) - rescanning shortly...
              - no end of rescanning is shown, or does that mean Asset will start scanning soon?
              Is watching the cpu-activity the only way to determine whether scanning has been finished?
              Regards
              Rudolf

Comment

• dvdr
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Sep 2008

Hi Spoon

thanks for the newest update - works as service, scans, finds, plays....
                The only thing I was not able to do anymore: before, I was able to add some more user-defined tags to the database (in the Mediadatabasefields.txt), that should be indexed (and were searchable with proper configuration of the browse tree) such as work, lyricist, movement, conductor etc.
                Now, I can't neither do that nor browse for them, nor can I find the database. They show up in Songbook and Plugplayer, when I add elements to the tree in the new configuration utility, but they are empty, even though AssetUPNP seems to have indexed all files on my server (Win XP).
                Also, I have the feeling, that AssetUPNP.exe and uLibrary.exe are not needed anymore, since in %appdata%\dbpoweramp\uMediaLibrary, the uLibraryMainDB.bin is 0kB (Empty) and also the cover-folder is now gone.

Can you give me a clue, whether this kind of userdefinable options have been completely cut, or just moved to another location, whether AssetUpnp now follows a new concept and is not as user-definable as before?
                Thanks!
                Last edited by dvdr; 03-07-2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• crichardso
                  • Mar 2009

dvdr

the new version stores the configs and stuff in C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary

I believe because it is a service and runs as localservice account..

If like me you are using network drives and had to change the account the service runs as to see the drives than it would be in %appdata%\dbpoweramp\uMediaLibrary of that user..

Hope that helps

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Asset uPNP 0.99 - Linn-GUI Bute/Details/Library Details:
                    - it would be lovely to see the library's path[s]
                    Rescan (refresh all) - rescanning shortly...
                    - no end of rescanning is shown, or does that mean Asset will start scanning soon?
                    Is watching the cpu-activity the only way to determine whether scanning has been finished?
                    "Is watching the cpu-activity the only way to determine whether scanning has been finished?" Yes, the message is a fixed message about staring scanning, it would never be updated.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

On Vista the path is even more wierd for the service:

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\R oaming\dBpoweramp
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JFP
                        • Jan 2009

Dear Spoon,

I use AssetUPNP with my Sonos system and I've upgraded
                        to version0.99.
                        The GUI is convenient and I like AssetuPNP as a Windows service
                        but now, I've got 3 processes running in the background
                        (Asset-uNP.exe, Asset-uPNPService.exe & uMediaLibrary.exe)
                        instead of only one previously.
                        My point is I would like to use uMediaLibrary for indexing only on demand,
                        but the service starts it automatically.
                        How could I do that ?

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

The indexing is on demand only, we are not like other UPnP servers, uMediaLibrary will have 0% CPU usage until a file is modified or a new file appears.

There is nothing to stop, disabling the service and running Asset-UPnp.exe, etc as local when required.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bsd107
                            • Nov 2008

OK, now that I have upgraded from 0.98 to 0.99, I can now see with the new interface WHY Asset uPNP has not been working for me with my PS3. I.e. I can't find any of my music.

The music on my WHS is all in Windows Medial Lossless format. Looking through the new WHS console interface for Asset, I don't see any support for files with the "WMA" extension.

Why does Asset not support Windows Media Lossless files?

My plan was to use Asset to transcode on the fly from Windows Media Lossless to LPCM as it streams to my PS3....

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

It does, you have to install the WMA codec from Codec Central onto your WHS. The reason we cannot auto-deploy it, as there are different versions depending on which version of windows you have.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bsd107
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                                It does, you have to install the WMA codec from Codec Central onto your WHS. The reason we cannot auto-deploy it, as there are different versions depending on which version of windows you have.
                                OK, thanks! So, which version do I need to install on WHS? (I don't know for sure - isn't WHS based on Windows Server 2003, which is similar to XP?)

Comment

Working...

]]>