title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: What do you use to modify FLAC tags?

Question What do you use to modify FLAC tags?

Sorry if this is an obvious question...

What is the most powerful FLAC re-tagging program for WinXP.

As you all know a lot of times the tags recovered are not accurate and need to be modified locally. I tried different programs but finally kept Tag&Rename which is pretty good but I have a hard time editing some FLAC tags such as "Label" for a reason I don't understand.

Please share your experiences with such programs Thanks IamNemo

Re: What do you use to modify FLAC tags?

Can recommend Mp3tag http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html

I've used this in the past: http://users.forthnet.gr/the/jtclipper/ The Godfather.

I 2nd the MP3Tag it handles everything - or almost!

Marc

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I nominate

Tag & Rename

http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

It's not freeware but it is extremely powerful and registration is lifetime in length.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

From my experience T&R doesn't show you ALL the tags on your files (depending what they are, of course) whereas mp3tag shows everything that's there if you use the "extended tags" dialogue.

Also (not a prob with FLAC, of course) mp3tag shows you all types of id3/ape tags on your files; useful if e.g. you use something like a SqueezeBox which tends to favour v1/ape tags over id3 v2 , for some strange reason...

Finally, mp3tag is free (optional donation) and the ability to use regular expressions / actions / call external apps is a huge, huge timesaver.

For example, I've set up an action to format/tag my files exactly as I like them (some find and replace stuff, artistsortorder fields etc), right down to removing leading "the" from folder names, and one click in mp3tag does the lot

Quote Originally Posted by moley6knipe View Post
    From my experience T&R doesn't show you ALL the tags on your files (depending what they are, of course) whereas mp3tag shows everything that's there if you use the "extended tags" dialogue.
    No, Tag & Rename does show all the extended tags when you go into the "Additional" and "More Additional" tabs. I think there's something like 60+ tags supported for FLAC in T&R 3.5.

Unfortunately, neither T&R nor MP3Tag let you use any of these tags for renaming schemes. You can choose from about 9 or 10 of them, but not all of them.

No, Tag & Rename does show all the extended tags when you go into the "Additional" and "More Additional" tabs
    That does not count. I want to be able to display everything (selectable) in the main window, so I can see in an instant which tags are there.
    Also where can I find the replay gain tags?

I've bought tag & rename a few years ago and I like most of the program, but because it can't read the tags which are really there, it is far from perfect.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Well, these sort of questions are now probably best asked on the mp3tag or tag&rename fora.

mp3tag can show you any tag in it's "tag panel" or in it's column view, or any combination of the two. Never tried more esoteric tags as part of my naming scheme, but to be honest I can't imagine I'd name a folder according to my bitrate value!

mp3tag will, I believe, let you show any tag anywhere, but if it's a non-standard tag then how to do it is not intuitive if I remember. Again, their forum has the answer.

You could use Windows' built in editor. Works with flac, mp3 and jpeg too. Right click on a file, select Properties, switch to Details tab, modify mp3/flac/exif tags then click Apply.

Hello,

MpaTag of course..

Otherwise "TagScanner" is very good too./... so many possibilities... Not so easy first times but when you understand the difference with differetn tabs it's easier...

Otherwise Renamer.exe is very good to... (cool to modify all files in one map in one step.. (example remove the beginnnening (like "01 - "/ end of filename....
    Select all files and choose your changes and apply...

Each software has his own functions...

Goold work.

http://www.xdlab.ru/en/download.htm

Super option to rename with only first letter capital letter....