title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ID Tag Updater question

ID Tag Updater question

I have ripped my entire collection of 1700 or so CD's to FLAC and MP3 (using the Multi-Encoder) with the ID Tag DSP set to export the album art to folder.jpg

I have recently decided that I would rather have the album art as [filename].jpg as I have a couple of programs that could make good use of this. Specifically, I want to use the photo gallery in J. River Media Center to view the album art and I need them to have different filenames so that I can search them. I had planned to do this with the ID Tag Updater utility codec, but that isn't an option like it is in the ID Tag DSP (only the folder.jpg option is available). Is there anyway to do this as the DSP won't work with a utility codec such as Arrange Audio and I don't want to actually convert the files to a different format. Please help me so that I don't end up doing this manually.

Administrator

Re: ID Tag Updater question

Use the Utility codec [ID Tag Update]

I have already tried that. There is an option for exporting to folder.jpg, but not for [filename].jpg in the [ID Tag Update] utility codec. Could this possibly be added to the utility codec?
    Last edited by pillshovel; 11-10-2008 at 10:13 AM.

Administrator

In the export and import boxes you can type anything you wish.

I just tried again and it will not let me change the name from folder.jpg on the utility codec. I can change it in the DSP but not the utility codec. I am using 13.1 reference with all up-to-date codecs. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't get anything but folder.jpg out of it.

I can type in the export and import fields just fine. Click on the drop-down area right where it says "folder" and then type what you want.

Administrator

Try reinstalling that codec.

I just tried reinstalling the codec and I am still getting the same thing. There is no drop down box in mine. There is in the ID Tag DSP but not the codec. Here is a screenshot that might help. Please tell me what I am doing wrong here if there is an option.

For comparison here is the same setting in the DSP and I do have the drop down box there.

Last edited by pillshovel; 11-11-2008 at 02:18 PM.

which version are you running? I suggest that you try the latest beta version see here http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=15296

Ok, that did the trick. Thanks and sorry for not thinking of that.

Actually now I have another question. What can I enter in the text box to get [artist] - [album].jpg or is this even possible?

I have already tried the above with no luck.

Administrator

Thanks Spoon! I have to say, I have been using dMC since version 11 came out and there has never been anything it wouldn't do for me (just lots of things I didn't know how to make it do). Thanks for a great piece of software.