title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ripnas for home server, album art weirdness.

Re: ripnas for home server, album art weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Yes because in many instances GD3 is freedb (they took entries for their database from freedb - in your example above I can tell you CD3 has taken the freedb data), so perfect meta will see just AMG and GD3, or AMG and freedb. Is MusicBrainz ever completed.
    Actually without my interaction it took AMG for the Artist field, which ended up saying various Artists all the time I forced it to use freedb

I cant remember if MusicBrainz ever completed, ill rip some more and get back to you.

Remember the original complaint was the meta data would change, when the same disc was re-inserted, this points to network problems - have you seen this happen?
    not whilst using CD Ripper.

So would CD Ripper, they are identical.
    Yes but you can override it with manual controll.

Reinsert the disc after is it rejected (for no meta) it will be ripped the next time to Unknown Artist 1..2..3

Ok I didnt try that, thanks

What makes you say that? It is being more developed right now than cd ripper.
    I think it was more of a question, which you have answered thanks

You are asking for RipNAS to perform as CD Ripper does, one has human interaction, to fix metadata, the other is hands off - if you have plans how RipNAS can be as good as CD Ripper (with human interaction) in a totally stand off way, I am all ears.
    Im asking that in cases when you do not get a good result with RIPNAS that you have the ability to login and take over manually.

and the ability to manually type in meta when there simply is none in any database. This happened to me with 2 cd's.

I understand that RIPNAS is designed to be stand off, but some times you just need human intervention. And im willing to bet most of your customers are technically literate enough to do that.

When I first received my Ripnas and ran it with Windows Home Console it found the album art and automotically wrote it to a .jpg file. However, that function seems now to have gone away. Ripnas, using WHS, doesn't seem to pick up any art, which must be because it's not making internet connections. When I check metadata through DBPoweramp, it appears that only one of the 4 outreach programs is being used. DPA's CD Ripper will pick up the album art but only seems to write to a file when I direct it manually. (I only half-know what I'm doing.)

I know you've said that Batch Ripper handles the album art, but I can't really find any Batch Ripper controls. I run WHS through Remote Desktop Control on year-old IMAC. I see the Ripnas and all of the music files, but only my earlier ripped material is accompanied by album art -- unless I manipulate it their through CD Ripper and its metadata function.

What settings to I need for automatic album art pick-up and storing in a file for later use with controller programs? I feel like there is a whole set of controls for Ripnas or DBPoweramp that I'm not seeing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Administrator

CD Ripper will not fetch album art on a RipNAS, only the Batch Ripper which runs in the back ground (when WHS is started) will fetch album art.