title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RipNAS R2

Re: RipNAS R2

Quote Originally Posted by jasok2 View Post
    The ability to switch to a Manual controll mode which allows you to select which meta data base to use. and the ability to see the results from all availible data bases.
    Definitely! Yesterday I ripped "The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer" (Victory, 383 480 036-2, 1994). RipNAS Essentials chose a source that had the metadata from a 1980 Altlantic import with the wrong cover art and the Artist for all songs entered as "Emerson, Lake\\Palmer" (i.e., two tags -- not exactly wrong but certainly unexpected). The song titles were all correct and in the right order, but the composers were all messed up (e.g., Aaron Copland [sic] for "From the Beginning" and "Tarkus" and "Keith Emerson\\Greg Lake" for "Hoedown" -- ridiculous). Having the ability to vote should allow one to resolve such issues with identically named discs. (Interestingly, even WMP11 gets all the metadata for this disk right.)

Quote Originally Posted by jasok2 View Post
    And the ability to type in Meta Data when its not avalible from any data base.
    While this feature might be handy, I don't think there's any need for Spoon to re-invent the wheel. Mp3tag is an extremely powerful and well-designed metadata editor (and it's shareware!).

I'd love to see more ubiquitous support for the dynamic naming scheme in R2. Like naming the coverart file with the [IFCOMP] etc. type tags. The dynamic naming schemes are very useful and I think it would be very beneficial to have them for as many fields/tags etc. as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    4. Make more space for text in the Previously Ripped section, so the full message can be seen and/or display it when you hover the cursor over it, possibly including an explanation of what it all means.
    Yes! Normally, in the Previously Ripped panel, it will say something like this:

Santana - The Essential Santana, Disc 1 All (17) Accurate

however, if the artist name and album title are long enough, you get something like this (actual example):

The Spencer Davis Group - The Best of the Spencer Davis Group ...

(i.e., the text is truncated, and I haven't been able to find a way to determine the rip status).

Quote Originally Posted by fdt View Post
    Clear the list of previously ripped cds
    Yes. And provide a way to delete individual entries from the Previously Ripped list (e.g., via a right-click menu), so one can remove duplicate entries (such as when one has changed the file naming rules and re-ripped the same CD).

I would like to see RipNAS have all of the metadata modification options that CD Ripper has, like check boxes to enable/disable things like:

Replace 'The [artist]' with '[artist], The'
    Detect multi artists from '&', 'ft.' & 'feat.'
    Track number without track count (ie 2 not 2/9)

as well as the ability choose all of the same ID tags to write, including ones like:

Catalog *
    Source
    Encoded by
    Encoder
    Encoder Settings
    Label
    CDDB Disc ID

When I have a disk that fails partially, you get a double entry in Squeezecentre.
    What I would like is to have the possibility in Windows Home Server not only to clear the errors, but also to clear the tracks from a disk that failed.

Gr. Harry

Administrator

If you re-rip and it no longer has errors, then the tracks with errors are cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbegong View Post
    Yes. And provide a way to delete individual entries from the Previously Ripped list (e.g., via a right-click menu), so one can remove duplicate entries (such as when one has changed the file naming rules and re-ripped the same CD).
    Similarly if the "ripped.bin" file becomes corrupted, allow additions to be made into the list of previously ripped cds, so you have one place as a master record.

Hello,

This is a Wishlist for RipNas v2 (in no particular order).

- Keep the 'mac mini' style format, it's nice. Options for black and silver colours please.
    - Add an optional 'expansion pod' (similair to what you already offer in the UK) that is the same width and length as the RipNas, but mayby taller. The RipNas should stack on top of this neatly. Oh, it should be able to take upto 8x3.5" SATA drives. This should interconnect with RipNas v2 via a single SATA cable. Sell this expansion pod with or without hard drives.
    - Get a reseller in Australia
    - Comes with Windows Home Server v2
    - Develop a 'Rip Nas Essentials for DVD's'

Yes, I realise how much work is involed in all of these.

Smile Re: RipNAS R2

Secure ripping a la Dbpoweramp please...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just read this thread as am planning to get a WHS box and put RipNAS Essentials on it - can't believe it doesn't already have many of the suggestions made!

I second:

• Secure ripping (esp. now the Teac bundle is discontinued. Even if it is not a 'plug and play' way of doing it, e.g. configure the drive with dBpoweramp on another computer and then copy the settings to RipNAS Essentials somehow)
    • Ignore and don't eject DVDs, so e.g. MyMovies can rip them (preferable to a manual 'disable ripping' switch)
    • Same ability for tags and options that the 'normal' CD Ripper has (this is a biggie, really - I'd like to use RipNAS Essentials for the convenience of just popping a disc in, but I don't want to give up any features I already have in dBpoweramp. The odd incorrectly-tagged disc (and there will be some!) that previously I would have been able to fine-tune before ripping in dBpoweramp, I can manually edit after ripping with RipNAS Essentials)

I also think you should not develop a DVD/movie ripping version, there are others already, resources should be spent on making audio ripping the best it can be. Do one thing and do it well.

My biggest wish would be some better/more flexible handling of multiple disc albums: I can forsee problems, since many discs come up as 'Album X (Disc 1)', but I prefer to remove the '(Disc 1)' and have all the tracks in the same folder, with the same album title. Dynamic tags can take care of track naming adequately, but auto-logic to recognize extraneous text like '(Disc 1)' I can see being quite difficult.
    Last edited by iangrant; 04-01-2010 at 11:28 AM.