title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RipNAS R2

Administrator

RipNAS R2

Lets create a discussion of features that could be present in R2, features which will be added:

DSP Effect to automatically trigger a localized scan of squeezecenter (to add new tracks)
    Media browser from WHS Console - to browse audio files, edit id tags, add artwork, delete files.

---------
    Testing of 'DSP Effect to automatically trigger a localized scan of squeezecenter':

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/RipNA...ezecenter).zip

Installtion details: Remote Desktop into WHS machine, extract the .dll file from Zip file and save to: C:\Program Files\illustrate\dbpoweramp\dsps\

Extract the two .reg files and run either the secure or nonsecure one depending upon which RipNAS you have. Squeeze Center should automatically update after each disc is ripped.
    Last edited by Spoon; 11-04-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Re: RipNAS R2

Multiple drive support with the option to monitor none of them, all of them or only some of them.

Cheers,

Tony.

1/ Rip CDs even if no metadata found
    2/ Clear the list of previously ripped cds

Thx

FDT

Administrator

1: It will do - when it rejects the CD because of no metadata (after 30 seconds), reinsert the disc and it will rip.

Administrator

Testing of 'DSP Effect to automatically trigger a localized scan of squeezecenter'

See first message in this thread.

One thing that I would really like to see incorporated into RipNAS is an option, possibly as a checkbox in the Settings, that would allow me to prevent the ejection of a non-audio disk. This would allow me to use the dvd-rom in my WHS box to rip movies with the MyMovies (www.mymovies.dk) add-in with a single drive without having to first stop the dbPowerampRipNAS service via remote desktop. Thank you for your consideration.

Simultaneous (or sequential) ripping to two different folders (eg: one flac, one mp3)

Administrator

Possible with R1.2 - select [Multi-Encoder] and choose different folders.

You are quite right,

My mistake.

Giacomo

Quote Originally Posted by cyberlewis View Post
    One thing that I would really like to see incorporated into RipNAS is an option, possibly as a checkbox in the Settings, that would allow me to prevent the ejection of a non-audio disk. This would allow me to use the dvd-rom in my WHS box to rip movies with the MyMovies (www.mymovies.dk) add-in with a single drive without having to first stop the dbPowerampRipNAS service via remote desktop. Thank you for your consideration.
    I agree this would be a great feature

The ability to switch to a Manual controll mode

which allows you to select which meta data base to use. and the ability to see the results from all availible data bases.

And the ability to type in Meta Data when its not avalible from any data base.

Quote Originally Posted by jasok2 View Post
    The ability to switch to a Manual controll mode

which allows you to select which meta data base to use. and the ability to see the results from all availible data bases.

And the ability to type in Meta Data when its not avalible from any data base.
    I second that completely.

summing up
    a) switch to suspend CD monitoring (so as to be able to use the dvd with other ripping programs or to load software on the whs
    b) manual meta data override
    c) possibility of launching encoding after ripping, so as to avoid the issues described in the forum

regards,

Giacomo

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by gbruzzo View Post
    I second that completely.

summing up
    a) switch to suspend CD monitoring (so as to be able to use the dvd with other ripping programs or to load software on the whs
    b) manual meta data override
    c) possibility of launching encoding after ripping, so as to avoid the issues described in the forum

regards,

Giacomo
    IIRC, I think for 'a)' there was a suggestion of having a key disc that would request the RipNAS ripper to exit (or stop monitoring) and that a reboot (or perhaps reinserting the key disc) would return the unit to normal operating mode.

-brendan

Since we are at it, and since the idea of key discs has been entertained, it would be interesting to be able to create settings discs, via a wizard say, which can be inserted to switch between different modes of operation of the ripnas device, without going through the console - consider them like punchcards of sorts for the headless unit. I for one have my pc downstairs and my whs in the living room.

so you might have a disc that changes your ripping from MP3 to FLAC and alters certain parameters, ripping location, compression, etc etc etc - one could envisage a wizard program to create these disks, so that one ends with a finite number of disks to go about the most mundane task switches.

Just a thought.

Giacomo

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

As I've just found out that you can edit tags in WHS Explorer (useful), surely it should be possible for ripNAS to be intelligent enough to append Metadata (above what is found on the Internet) to the ripped folder and tracks....

1. When no metadata, prompt for manual input of the data, rather than immediately ejecting.
    2. When a second (or more) disk of a multi-disk set is consecutively ripped, with the same artist and title, create a new folder (and maybe prompt for additional info) and copy the artwork from the first folder.
    3. Provide an option to pre-configure metadata. This is especially useful for BitTorrent where no Metadata exists, but there may be a large number of disks to rip with basically the same info.

...and other requests...
    4. Make more space for text in the Previously Ripped section, so the full message can be seen and/or display it when you hover the cursor over it, possibly including an explanation of what it all means.
    5. More ripping progress information (like EAC?)

Just my 5p worth...TomP