title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch CD Writer?

Batch CD Writer?

I'm using the batch ripper with a Kodak robot and I'd love to be able have similar functionality for burning CD's. I'm having a haloween party and would like to give everyone a photo CD of the nights activities on their way out the door. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Rob

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Batch CD Writer?

Quote Originally Posted by rschauer View Post
    I'm using the batch ripper with a Kodak robot and I'd love to be able have similar functionality for burning CD's. I'm having a haloween party and would like to give everyone a photo CD of the nights activities on their way out the door. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Rob
    Rob - if you can locate a disc burning program that will automatically start burning when a blank is inserted and eject when done, I can write you a batch file that calls the ulcli (same codebase as the kodak driver), that will automatically swap out the last and swap in the next disc on every eject it detects.

But find me the right "look ma, no hands" burning program first. Preferably something that burns from already created ISO files.

-brendan

something like this do the trick?

http://www.ntfs.com/iso_burner_free.htm

Thanks again for the speedy assistance.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rschauer View Post
    something like this do the trick?

http://www.ntfs.com/iso_burner_free.htm

Thanks again for the speedy assistance.
    Not exactly. What I was asking for is a program that will do multiple copies without mouse/keyboard use. It should make the copy and eject, and when you put a new disc in, it should automatically start burning the next copy.

And, what I'll do is write a batch file around my ulcli that will detect a tray open for > 5-10 seconds and initiate an unload/load cycle, removing you from the disc handling part of the task.

-brendan

OK, I'll keep looking. I thought maybe the command line interface for the burning software could be worked into the batch file. I'll get back to you with my findings asap.

Thanks again,
    Rob

So, I've been looking around and it seems like the eject after each disc part is easy. It's the automatically burn the next disc part that seems to be missing. Also I don't have a pile of blank discs with me at the moment, so I can't really test. I assume that your disc writer software does not do this, although I think it does the eject part and there is the option for how many discs you want to burn. Is the ability to automatically burn the next disc when a blank is inserted really that rare, it seems like a no brainer to me...

Thanks again,
    Rob

dBpoweramp Guru

Rob- just to clarify:

I'm not part of Illustrate, I just wrote and, for the time being, donated robot drivers for use with the beta (and now release) batch ripper. So when you say "your disc writer", you've got to address that to spoon.

I'm working on a universal batcher client that can be combined with any "eject on finish/process on insert" software (such as itunes) to work with one drive robots (or one drive of a multi drive robot). The idea is: don't interact with the software, just keep an eye on the drive tray and act on the tray location.

So I'm looking for GUI software that is already mouse/keyboard free.

But, for you...I'll look into the "externally called" option as well.

-brendan

I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Thanks a bunch, no matter what the outcome is...

Rob

This is what Im looking for also. I have Nero 8 that will burn when inserted if you have multi burns going. PLEASE Advise.

Thanks
    CJ

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If you have a full, registered version of Nero, then the following software may be of help:
    http://www.broadexsystems.com/products/qqhandy.htm
    This is a batchwriter software, that can burn images to disc
    Hope this helps

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dvdr View Post
    If you have a full, registered version of Nero, then the following software may be of help:
    http://www.broadexsystems.com/products/qqhandy.htm
    This is a batchwriter software, that can burn images to disc
    Hope this helps
    Note that QQHandy currently works only with the Datatronics (OEM) family of robots.

-brendan

Thumbs up Re: Batch CD Writer?

I would LOVE a batch writer that would work with my Sony VGP-XL1!