title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Deleting/clearing previously ripped abums

Deleting/clearing previously ripped abums

I have tried to rip an album more than once using different codecs but it's not possible to delete the first rip. I deleted the output folder but the ripped album still shows up in the previously ripped column. How does one clear the list of ripped albums or force RipNAS to rip an album twice? I couldn't find any information in the installation/operation manual regarding this issue. Any help appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Deleting/clearing previously ripped abums

RipNAS will only remember 2 discs when it comes to rejecting discs, so if you ripped Disc1 and want to re-rip disc 1 then rip a different cd (disc 2) then disc 1 again.

The shown results are just that, shown they are not used (but can be cleared if required, delete the folder C:\RipNAS-results

Thank you. I am now able to rip the same album twice or more using different codecs. Awesome.

Administrator

If you always want the difference codecs select the encoder as [multi encoder] and add as many encoders as required.

I am getting errors with the WMA lossless codec. Things improved markedly after upgrading RipNAS to 1.2 and applying the "force non-live" DSP setting, but I still get errors with single tracks which I have to rip manually with dBpoweramp CD Ripper. This doesn't happen with FLAC and Wave so far.

Administrator

Try also adding the DSP effect 'Multi CPU Force' and force it on to 1 CPU which ensures when encoding is progressing that nothing else is happening (it seems the HDD writes fail when ripping with a CD drive).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try also adding the DSP effect 'Multi CPU Force' and force it on to 1 CPU which ensures when encoding is progressing that nothing else is happening (it seems the HDD writes fail when ripping with a CD drive).
    Nice job, Microsoft.

-brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Brendan, personaly it is the reason why I am re-ripping all my cds from wma lossless to flac with the great help of dbp.

Moreover, i am using now a squeebox duet and flac is the native codec so more easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I tried it but still get the same errors with one or two tracks. All the other encoders work fine. Is there any other switch that could fix this? FLAC is not supported by HP MediaSmart and Xbox to my knowledge. That's why I would like to stick with WMA. Any help appreciated.

Administrator

The MediaSmart will support flac fine (the recent PP1 update added twonky which will stream flac to your xbox fine).