title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dynamic output location bugs?

dynamic output location bugs?

I'm using R13.1 Reference. I number problems with P*), questions with Q*) and suggestions with S*).

I'd like to rip CDs in .flac and .mpc at once.

First I tried to rip to .flac or .mpc with a single encoder.

Here I had only a problem with disc and track number padding:

P1) First I didn't want to have to track number padded to 2 digits in the file name. So I unchecked the "Pad track number to 2 digits" option. But funny, no effect: padded to 2 digits anyway.

Since the padding is done according to the option in the tag, I thought that then this option only influences the tags and not the file names.

But then I found out that the year without date option works well on files.

P2) Same same but different for the disc number: works also for tags but is never padded to 2 digits in file names.

Would be nice to have a consistent concept here.

So I decided to go for padding and to be sure to always pad regardless of this option setting I included the "[SETLEN]2,48,,[track][]" construct.

In front of the track number I want a "0" if it's a single disc album and the disc number if it's a multi disc album. So I used "[IFMULTI][disc][][IF!MULTI]0[]" and got a perfect result.

My whole naming entry for e.g. flac is:

"[IFVALUE]album artist,{[album artist]},[IFCOMP]{}[][IF!COMP]{[artist]}[][]\[album][IFVALUE]year, {[year]},[]\$flac\[IFMULTI][disc][][IF!MULTI]0[][SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] [title][IFCOMP][IFVALUE]artist, {[artist]},[][]"

Sample result for single disc non-compilation, track 1:

"...\{John Lee Hooker}\The Healer {1989}\$flac\001 The Healer (With Carlos Santana & The Santana Band).wav"

Sample result for single disc compilation, track 1:

"...\{}\Bassic Instinct II {1999}\$flac\001 Foto Viva {Mo'Horizons}.flac"

Sample result for multi disc non-compilation, disc 1, track 1:

"...\{The Doors}\The Best of the Doors {1985}\$flac\101 Break On Through.flac"

Sample result for multi disc non-compilation, disc 2, track 1:

"...\{The Doors}\The Best of the Doors {1985}\$flac\201 Hello, I Love You.flac"

The same works with my mpc naming entry:

[IFVALUE]album artist,{[album artist]},[IFCOMP]{}[][IF!COMP]{[artist]}[][]\[album][IFVALUE]year, {[year]},[]\$mpc\[IFMULTI][disc][][IF!MULTI]0[][SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] [title][IFCOMP][IFVALUE]artist, {[artist]},[][]

Then I wanted to rip in one pass with Multi Encoder.

I would like to be able to set a base folder for all different encoders used in Multi Encoder but this seems not possible since the Path field is greyed out.

So I set the same base folder and the 2 naming schemes from above to the respective encoders added to Multi Encoder.

And it NEARLY works:

P3) here the [IFMULTI] always fails for multi disc sets and my naming scheme (or every naming scheme including the disc number) fails. So I get for the same Doors album as above:

Sample result for multi disc non-compilation, disc 1, track 1:

"...\{The Doors}\The Best of the Doors {1985}\$flac\001 Break On Through.flac"

Sample result for multi disc non-compilation, disc 2, track 1:

"...\{The Doors}\The Best of the Doors {1985}\$flac\001 Hello, I Love You.flac"

Obviously a big problem and I think this is a bug, isn't it?

P4) By the way, if you use the dynamic option for a single encoder and delete the folder (why "folder" and not "path" here?) field it's filled again on leaving the dialog with "My Documents\My Music". I think it should be greyed out anyway if you select the dynamic option.

And then what I don't understand:

Q1) What does the "Original Folder" option in the single encoder page mean? makes no sense for ripping, or?

Q2) What do [origpath] and [origfilename] mean? Also no use in ripping?

I'd like to make 3 suggestions here.

My naming scheme and perhaps that of other people too, has the following structure: [path]\...\[name] (where "..." is "$flac" or "$mpc" in the examples).

S1) It would be very nice to be able to set these two variables in the Multi Encoder "Path" and "Naming" fields and access them with variables (could be [origpath] and [origfilename] if no new variables should be introduced - not the best but also not too bad).

S2) I'd be very happy to see the "[if]condition,true,false[]" and "[if...]true,false[]" structure for all the constructs you have. This would make the naming much shorter and much more readable. For example the mpc naming could be:

[IFVALUE]album artist,{[album artist]},[IFCOMP]{},{[artist]}[][]\[album][IFVALUE]year, {[year]},[]\$mpc\[IFMULTI][disc],0[][SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] [title][IFCOMP][IFVALUE]artist, {[artist]},[],[]

S3) There should be some escape mechanism for "[". First I worked with square brackets instead of curly braces and it was quite hard to insert the empty "[]" brackets for my compilation scheme (I used something like "[IF!COMP][DEL]2,2,[ ][][]"). Not too important but took me a while to figure out how to add these empty brackets and also it's not readable.

Administrator

Re: dynamic output location bugs?

P4: Folder is used with Dynamic Naming, you set the fixed element in folder (always atleast a drive)

It is worth trying the latest multi-encoder:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=17533

From CD Ripper there is no souce path for multi encoder to use (it passes files on a stdout pipe with no path).

@Spoon:

Tried the newest Multi Encoder but still have P3: "[IFMULTI]" always fails and you can't get a disc number in the naming scheme.

Administrator

For multi encoder to pick it up, you need to be passing the Compilation ID tag out to the final file, is it enabled?