title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Strange behavior with new cd

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Strange behavior with new cd

Ok just a quick question. I have 4 drives (2 laptop, 2 internal desktop). All different manufacturers. I have this last track on this brand new cd (different pressing than accuraterip), that won't seem to match crc's across 2 drives no matter what the settings, yet they all will match with themselves on multiple reads (cd is perfectly clean).

What could cause this?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Strange behavior with new cd

Quote Originally Posted by gaillard View Post
    Ok just a quick question. I have 4 drives (2 laptop, 2 internal desktop). All different manufacturers. I have this last track on this brand new cd (different pressing than accuraterip), that won't seem to match crc's across 2 drives no matter what the settings, yet they all will match with themselves on multiple reads (cd is perfectly clean).

What could cause this?
    Might be "lead out" issues, tried to change that setting? (Under options, far down.)

You don't state the inaccuracy confidence. If it is a low number, chances are that the other rip has had that issue.

Administrator

Re: Strange behavior with new cd

Drives with different offsets will always give different CRCs for the last track if not over-reading.